Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this bike about 2 weeks ago..... I have already decided that some things need to change!!! what kind of options do I have to change the tag and blinker assembly? Also, I have cobra slipons (I think) but I want louder! What is the loudest pipes on this bike?

·
Registered
12,093 Posts
Welcome to the X World! :thumbup: As far as mods go, you will find a ton of information by performing searches. Use the Search feature and type in what you are looking for, then get some snacks and your favorite beverage and have fun. :mrgreen:

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/search.php

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
gryfox23 -

Welcome aboard !!! Seeing as how you're new to this VTX board, you may want to help us all (and yourself) out by including at least the nearest large town/city closest to you in your profile area and the year and model of your VTX in your signature line. You'll notice that most folks have some additional info posted in their Profile and Signature areas.

That way you won't have to repeat typing that info in each time you post a question or in response to another member's inquiry for those details should you forget to include the info in your original post.

As you have seen, this info may help the rest of us to provide you with a quicker diagnosis for any problems or technical responses to questions that you may run into with your bike

There is a multitude of "upgrades" that you can perform to your '06 C-model. It all depends on exactly what has been done to the bike so far. I'd say safety items first (steering neck bearings and tires), handling (suspension upgrades - Progressive fork springs and shocks) next, running and performance (PAIR valve removal and valve adjustment, SCAR mod, air box mods, exhaust mods). The loudest exhaust to install on the VTX1300 is the Hard-Chrome Sideburners a 2-into-1 system with a 4" outlet - YIKES !!!

Then you can start playing with the functional, cosmetic or "appearance" items - lights, mirrors, saddlebags, windshield/fairing, L.P. and turnsignal relocation, etc...

Too many options to list. However, those I have listed in the order of priorities - safety, handling, performance and cosmetic - should be the way that anyone approaches a bike customizing routine. Unfortunately, it usually happens in the reverse order from what I have suggested.

·
Lady Rider
4,246 Posts
Here's what I did for now. cost me less than 50.00.

Before

after

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KERMIT!!! That looks great! How exactly did you do that mod?

NVR2FST!!! Do those LED blinker strips show up good in the daylight hours? BTW that looks good as well!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
first we'll do the shocks

then we can do your bucket

maybe your radiator cover too

hook ya up with side mount and lighted frame too

and if ya want loud.....you can make these yourself

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whew Pony..... We need to get together.

·
Lady Rider
4,246 Posts

NVR2FST!!! Do those LED blinker strips show up good in the daylight hours? BTW that looks good as well!
I just took the reflectors and license plate light off the fender. I got myself a Radiantz license plate frame (has leds). I cut a small portion off the frame that's mounted to the bike, redrilled higher up so the radiantz would mount directly on and wired it to the brown wire that powered the old light. Put some Kury bezels on the taillights and I was off. Once you get it apart, it's all pretty basic.

·
Registered
237 Posts
If you have Cobra Slip-ons and want them louder, try removing the screw that holds the baffels in and then pull the baffels out.

·
Registered
7,175 Posts

I purchased the dark smoke with amber lights and was really surprised how well they show up in full sunlight. I can just imagine how bright the amber with clear tube or light smoke would show up

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I just took the reflectors and license plate light off the fender. I got myself a Radiantz license plate frame (has leds). I cut a small portion off the frame that's mounted to the bike, redrilled higher up so the radiantz would mount directly on and wired it to the brown wire that powered the old light. Put some Kury bezels on the taillights and I was off. Once you get it apart, it's all pretty basic.
guess i never told ya i'm a radiantz dealer too........custom dynamics too.......silly girl, read the stuff on the website ladybug, lol.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome to the board and Club Orange

roy d....I'm gonna do the straight tip exhaust mod soon!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts