Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,911 Posts
Thanks spike! And I am 100% certain it is running the 1300 as I have the 1800 final in a box that came with the bike. I also managed to find the original owner on Facebook and I chat with him from time to time. But he can’t quite remember everything timeline wise, I mean it was about 15 years ago it was on the dyno! His name is mike but he goes by Classicxman on here. The dyno tune is actually one of the ones on bare’s site come to mention it.

Either way wouldn’t you expect a 300 plus dollar dyno run to yield some sort gains with one of the best flowing intakes and longshots with power port? Whether or not he was looking for mileageI would think that optimizing the fuel curve would still yield some hp and tq gain.

As for the acc pump I had turned it off but it’s honestly unbearable, the throttle response is horribly laggy without it especially down low. And I’m not talking about the second it takes for the engine to get spun up. A lean bog on throttle chop Is a very distinct thing and I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. As for now it’s set low and short enough now that I’m not concerned with fouling ect. I’ve been keeping an eye on my plugs and cleaning them up when I make any changes. But it seems to be burning just right where I’m at now.

I also pulled an all nighter last night and did my oil change, ground fix, snipped the plug wires on the coil side, replaced the rubber vac caps on the manifold, and tidied up the previous owners rat nest of wiring that he had all cobbled together for the stereo. And I also fixed the ultimate lo boy seat the he decided to rip off while it was still bolted down on the right side.. I don’t get why people get so impatient with beautiful bikes and half ass things.. I’m all for rigging up my dirt machines but not a beautiful vtx!
I see you're from the Cook Forest area- very nice up there. I'm 3 hrs. south, near the Johnstown 1889 Flood Memorial site.

Reactions: Houser1995

·
Registered
12,911 Posts
Ahhh not that close, about 40 miles to cooks forest, but not terribly far! I’m from a one red light town called Clarendon, just outside of Warren pa
One year we vacationed in the finger lakes area, and began our trip with a stay the first night in Warren. I also once picked up a customer's car at the Chevy dealer in Corry. Closest I've been.

Reactions: Houser1995
1 - 2 of 2 Posts