Honda VTX Forum banner

07-08 1300C Paladin Backrest Mounting Kit - DO NOT BUY FROM JC WHITNEY

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  34oSc 
#1 ·
Until JC Whitney gets their act together do not purchase a Paladin Backrest mounting kit from them because it WILL NOT fit your 2007-08 VTC 1300C. Their website is not correct. I am currently living the nightmare trying to get the correct mounting kit. Two weeks and several hours on the phone.
The correct part number for the mounting kit is #P9BR0016

The customer service at JC Whitney is fair if you like telling the same story over and over. You can never talk to the same person twice unless you get lucky.

Best to spend another $20 and buy it from someone that knows motorcycles.

#3 ·
Best to spend another $20 and buy it from someone that knows motorcycles.
I hate it when a company can't do their core business. JC Whitney sells parts, and it can't get the parts right - what good are they?

Its like going to Starbucks paying $3.50 for a cup of coffee and they can't make it like you asked. YOU MAKE COFFIE - WHY CAN'T YOU DO THAT RIGHT?

#4 ·
I recently bought a Palidine setup from a company, and it was complete except for the mounting hardware. I gave the two days to respond to my claim, which they did not. I then sent an email to National Cycle explaining what happened, and made sure I cc'd the selling company. At the end of the email I asked National Cycle if the would appreciate my telling my predictiment at all the bike rally's, or of the great service I received from National Cycle.

It took about two hours for the company to email my an appology, and National Cycle was in the process of sending out the hardware to my enclosed address, which I recived in 3 days.

Companies need to realize we are ultimatly a connected group of individuals, and with things the way they are, bad publicly is not a good thing.

Well, except for Charlie Sheen.:p

Cheers

Tom

#6 ·
JC Whitney usally has a good turn over rate on people that worked there.

Especially answering the phones. My daughter worked there and got let go after 6 months actually two dozen people. They claimed they did not push the people on ordering their magazine.

Most of the time on a Sat or Sun. they have the clearance section where people send items back.

Some of my friends will ask them here if they could bring the parts out of the store to see if they matched. So far they said yes.

I see your point that the product should be right in the first place.

#7 ·
I had the same problem when I bought the kit for my '07 1300R. I ended up having to get parts from National Cycle as well to make it work. That was the first and last time I'll order from JC Whitney.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.