Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I recently swapped my stock headers and mufflers with an 05 1800F. My pipes went onto his bike no problem. His pipes V&H won’t allow for my floorboard bracket to be reinstalled. What’s the best approach here? If it’s to refab a bracket, fine. Does anyone have experience with clearances and the dimensions of the new bracket so it doesn’t end up sitting any lower than it currently does? Any help with this is greatly appreciated and I would like to say thank you in advance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys,
Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately just grinding down the bracket won’t provide enough clearance. I need to cut the bracket and refab it in a way to be able to remount my brake piston and pedal. I just don’t know what type of adjustments need to be made to ensure the floorboard height remains the same after swapping its mounting location.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need a good 1”-1-1/2” difference. I’m going to cut and tack and try for fitment tonight. Will advise if this issue is resolved after test fit.
thanks again for the replies.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm going to be doing the same thing. I've got a set of Cobra pipes on my 1800s that are made for it but it has to be the worst design EVER. The rear pipe comes out so far that almost every time you stop a put your foot down you either have to only use your toes or burn your leg (and melt rain gear). I bought a set of pipes for an 1800c so the rear pipe wraps around the case and away from your leg.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to be doing the same thing. I've got a set of Cobra pipes on my 1800s that are made for it but it has to be the worst design EVER. The rear pipe comes out so far that almost every time you stop a put your foot down you either have to only use your toes or burn your leg (and melt rain gear). I bought a set of pipes for an 1800c so the rear pipe wraps around the case and away from your leg.
Well let me know how you worked it out and I’ll do the same. IF I can actually figure this out haha. Will keep you posted on my progress though.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
You could also find mounts for the C/F pegs. Going to need both sides.
I believe the R/S/T all have both sets of holes. Then buy mini boards for those pegs. Easy peasy bolt on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You could also find mounts for the C/F pegs. Going to need both sides.
I believe the R/S/T all have both sets of holes. Then buy mini boards for those pegs. Easy peasy bolt on.
I’ve considered that option as well. Only problem is, where I live… parts for these bikes are very hard to come by and to order I would be looking at weeks for delivery.. plus the cost of parts right now is insane.. I didn’t get a chance to mock fit the bracket fab I did yesterday but will hopefully be trying it today. If it works I’ll just have to weld it up and reassemble.. fingers crossed!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just thought I would update those of you who are interested in the progress.
I’ve cut the bracket in two places to remove the entire top/center piece. I formed a new bracket which I welded to the bottom of the original bolt locations. Roughly 3” wide to accommodate for the outside día of the pipes at 2-1/2”. It then curves upwards to meet the exact height in which it was originally at. Test fitted this afternoon and the pipes and bracket both fit now as they should. The only thing I may have to alter once I reassemble the bracket and brake piston is the angle the brake pedal comes out of the bracket assembly. Without attaching it to the piston I can only assume it will cause an issue. Will advise! Thanks again to those who jumped in with advice!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts