Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Video

I would like to know how the heck was this taped? Did someone think they was being a smarty and say, "hey, watch this"??? 8)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Another reason motorcycles and idiocy don't mix. Everytime I see a video like this, I think about Darwin's "natural selection". This is nature's way of weeding out the gene pool for the rest of us, ensuring survival of the species. Stupid hurts!

And tsk tsk. He ruined a perfectly good motorcyle! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Re: Video

SeaRay88 said:
I would like to know how the heck was this taped? Did someone think they was being a smarty and say, "hey, watch this"??? 8)
probably a highway camera. don't know about other states but CA freeways have them all over and so does most of Europe (they're called traffic control cameras) they are supposed to be for the Transportation Department to watch traffic conditions but I know they are also used to verify law breakers. CHP will show up in court with tapes from the cameras where they pulled you over.

G

·
0 Posts

Mr. Incredible said:
SeaRay88 said:
probably a highway camera. don't know about other states but CA freeways have them all over and so does most of Europe (they're called traffic control cameras) they are supposed to be for the Transportation Department to watch traffic conditions but I know they are also used to verify law breakers. CHP will show up in court with tapes from the cameras where they pulled you over.
But the way this was zoomed in and out, and panned from left to right and back makes you wonder. Are there transportation guys sitting in rooms just playing with cameras all day? What a boring job. Slit my wrists. 8)

G

·
0 Posts

SeaRay88 said:
Mr. Incredible said:
SeaRay88 said:
But the way this was zoomed in and out, and panned from left to right and back makes you wonder. Are there transportation guys sitting in rooms just playing with cameras all day? What a boring job. Slit my wrists. 8)

Yeah, but they LOVE filming Hummers....and I ain't talking General Motors. :wink:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

SeaRay88 said:
Mr. Incredible said:
SeaRay88 said:

You know I hadn't noticed the panning camera. though I do know that the cameras in CA do pan and turn, if you watch local news and traffic in the morning on the local networks they will show the cameras panning, not to certain about the zoom.

And also when CHP is involved in a chase on the highways there usually is someone monitoring the cameras.

Hard to say, but by the looks of the cars, it is overseas somewhere...

But I think this one takes the cakes for morons are us!!!

http://www.wimp.com/insanejump/

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
not that it was the cagers fault, but i would have smoked my tires and swerved hard to avoid running over bike/biker.

cager in the video barely broke momentum. kept on going.

that's what i'm usually thinking about on the superslab.

"how many cagers will over me if I go down right now"

answer:

all of them :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
e said:
not that it was the cagers fault, but i would have smoked my tires and swerved hard to avoid running over bike/biker.

answer:

Been there, got side swiped then run over by the guy behind me. luckily he was the only one that didn't see me go down. Everyone else did, resulting in a 7 car pileup.....

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Mr. Incredible said:
e said:

answer:

Been there, got side swiped then run over by the guy behind me. luckily he was the only one that didn't see me go down. Everyone else did, resulting in a 7 car pileup.....

i guess one is a helluva lot better then seven. i hope you had a decent recovery.

e

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
e said:
Mr. Incredible said:
e said:

answer:

i guess one is a helluva lot better then seven. i hope you had a decent recovery.

e

Pelvis fractured in 6 places (including completely destroying right pelvic ring) Hip ball cracked off of Femur, Femur shattered into 9 pieces, right testicle ruptured, four broken ribs, L4/L5 cracked (hairline) Ruptured bladder, spleen, and one kidney, tons of nerve damage....

In wheel chair for 13 months, 9 surgeries, titanium right hip/femur, 6 screws and a plate holding pelvis together, spleen removed, right testicle removed, right kidney removed (transplanted)..

Back walking 13 months and riding 15 months after accident.

all of this happened the day after I found out my (now EX) girlfriend was pregnant. My daughter was born while I was still in the chair.... and she is the reason I didn't stay there..

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Mr. Incredible said:
e said:
[quote="Mr. Incredible":3tnl4bci]
e said:

answer:

e

right testicle ruptured, [/quote:3tnl4bci]

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
black hills said:
#1 reason not to treat the street as a racetrack! http://www.wimp.com/poormotorcyclist/
I'm thinking this is a good lesson to watch. In fact I think I need to slow down when riding my BMW K1200LT and quit scraping the pegs and save my neck.

Good reminder.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I saw this original video on TLC about a year ago. What was going on was there were two or three bikes actually racing a designated "street course" (exit ramp, up freeway to off ramp, back down to on ramp where he gets hit). They were trying to see who could get the best time.

I think the guy actually got killed. I can't remember for sure. The camera man was shooting video on all the riders.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
FEI-MGR said:
I saw this original video on TLC about a year ago. What was going on was there were two or three bikes actually racing a designated "street course" (exit ramp, up freeway to off ramp, back down to on ramp where he gets hit). They were trying to see who could get the best time.

I think the guy actually got killed. I can't remember for sure. The camera man was shooting video on all the riders.
I saw that too, but forgot the details, thanks for refreshing my memory

1 - 20 of 52 Posts