Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been an incredible ride but I've purchased a new 07 HD softail deluxe so all I can do is wave at my former X riders when they smoke on by. The VTX site is probably the most informative site I've been associated with. Great bunch of guys here. Keep the shiny side up and don't forget to stop and help HD riders when they're broke down along side the road. The butt you save my be mine.

·
Registered
549 Posts
:shock: 111,000 and some one took it in on a trade, the Harley folks are really something.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Good luck with your new ride, I must say I am sorry to see that VTX leave you as your mileage reports where always fun to hear. Ok, i'll bite, how was your trade in on the X ?

·
Registered
827 Posts
While I respect your decision to go with another name brand, I still have to ask. With over 111,000 on your X, why not buy another X? Oh well it will be interesting to see how many miles you can get out of your new bike. Best of luck to you and remember you are still welcomed here. Keep us posted as to how your new ride treats you.

·
Registered
347 Posts
You should have contacted an agent and then see about doing commericals for Honda!.......but since you got a Harley now they probally slam the door on you!

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
What kind of trade value did U get??? And CONGRATS!!!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
You traded your X with over 111,000?

That's almost like marrying your High School sweetheart having 75 wonderful years of marriage, then finding out she has cancer and divorcing her!

lol, jk That is incredible mileage. I am curious as to how much they gave you on a trade? I would have wanted to keep that bad boy just because...

Good luck on your new ride!

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
oneup said:
It's been an incredible ride but

:a13: I've purchased a new 07 HD softail deluxe :a13:

so all I can do is wave at my former X riders when they smoke on by. The VTX site is probably the most informative site I've been associated with. Great bunch of guys here. Keep the shiny side up and don't forget to stop and help HD riders when they're broke down along side the road. The butt you save my be mine.
It's a dangerous job, but somebody's got to do it ...

... always my absolute pleasure ...

Who knows what tomorrow may bring ...

Few of us would have predicted this destination when we started this ride ...

Thanks for all the miles and smiles ...

so far ...

... so good ...

:wink:

but ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

:crew:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Dang oneup, I was hoping to see the day when your X hit 200,000. :lol:

So are you going to be able to find a CT solution for the HD, or do the tires last a lot longer, due to reduced torque and HP? That's a serious question, not trying to be a smart @ss. :)

Anyway, enjoy the ride ride man, and thanks for help in deciding on which CT to try out for my initiation into the Dark Side.

-S

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
We are going to miss ya. You were the mileage king on the board. We looked forward to you telling us how many miles we had left on our X. Ride safely and check in sometimes.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
saluki450 Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:26 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H-Town X wrote:
111,000 and some one took it in on a trade, the Harley folks are really something.

He told them he only had 1450 miles on it. The HD guys understand a low mileage bike.

Dan
Saluki, you owe me a new keyboard and some wipies for my monitor screen :lol: :lol:

that there is funny stuff!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Soft Tail

Good Luck with your new ride. My son had a Soft tail 04. It had V&H pipes. Nothing sounds any better. Don't leave the site just because you got a Harley. Most riders would never put 111,000 miles on a bike before trading so don't let anyone here give you a hard time. As far as I'm concerned, YOU'RE THE MAN.

It would be interesting to know what a bike with that mileage would bring on trade.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
oneup said:
It's been an incredible ride but I've purchased a new 07 HD softail deluxe so all I can do is wave at my former X riders when they smoke on by. The VTX site is probably the most informative site I've been associated with. Great bunch of guys here. Keep the shiny side up and don't forget to stop and help HD riders when they're broke down along side the road. The butt you save my be mine.
Good luck!! ride safely.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
ok who is responsible for this sudden jump of X-riders to the HD side?

Spike hmmmmmmmmmmm :roll:

Congrats on the new ride anyway its always fun and its just gona cost more to bling that brand out 4 sure. One of my buddies has an 03 fatboy and only has 35K into it. And thats American not Miles... that part he has only 5000 on her. lol

G

·
oneup said:
Well now you have a job to do.

1) Put 111,000 on that nice Softail Deluxe
2) Shows us a comparison of the maint. records of both 111K milers.

That should be interesting.

Nice bike by the way - good luck and enjoy the ride! :D

1 - 20 of 52 Posts