Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2003 VTX1800C Illusion Blue, V&H pipes, K&N a/f, mustang seat w adj rest, Memphis shield, MTC clutch
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The early morning ride started off high and dry. Left my place at 5:30 am and headed to town to top off fuel. By 5:50am was headed out of town towards the interstate.
A hour later the first sprinkle happens. Not enough to warrant rain gear but just enough to keep you paying attention up ahead.
Thirty minutes later I’m under an overpass suiting up. It’s now pouring and I’m 15 minutes from Kentucky. Little was I to know that rain gear was not coming off for the next 600 and some miles.
6 states and rain through all of them. Only in Birmingham did I pause for about 30 minutes at the I65 and I29/59 split. Unbeknownst to me I had rode right into the middle of a superstorm.
Even with all the rain and t-storms made the ride in just under 12 hours.
Heading out to San Antonio then El Paso. Ride on.
... . Mike(TTT)
I

·
Registered
2003 VTX1800C Illusion Blue, V&H pipes, K&N a/f, mustang seat w adj rest, Memphis shield, MTC clutch
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Late start out of Abita Springs La.. Made decent time to Beaumont Tx., then the heat really set in. “What’s new in Eastern Texas?”
Road construction and traffic, well that’s not new but somethings never change.
The west side of Houston and traffic eased up considerably. Help to improve the average speed.
The “X” is getting just at 38 mpg and that’s trying to keep it at 80-85, ain’t no complaints about that.
Got a nice air bnb for a couple nights while I check out San Antonio.
........ Mike(TTT)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Been rocking thru West Texas. No big surprises. Didn’t expect none. However it was some great highway for opening the throttle just a wee bit , ok , maybe just a tad more than that. The weather been dry but hot , it’s Texas.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Headed out to Carlsbad caverns then on to Roswell

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

just before walking down to the bottom of Carlsbad Caverns. A great way to beat the heat of midday New Mexico. Tomorrow looks like White Sands and some mountain riding. Thursday head on up towards Colorado.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Took a little spin up in the mountains then headed to White Sands .
Beautiful day with a steady breeze.
Up thru the mountains again, around a t-storm.
All in all a good day. .. ....Mike(TTT)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Done the petroglyphs northwest of Albuquerque, the Aztec ruins and 4 corners.
Up in Durango now.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Couple days of riding through Colorado. Camped at the the great sand dunes. Fine days of riding some mountain passes. Found my way to Colorado Springs.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

1 - 16 of 16 Posts