Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Chicago-Spike said:
I don't know if these will work for you, but I get most of my chrome bolts and nuts from these guys. 8)
http://www.scootworks.com/swcart/shop/test1.htm
Spike,
Do you know where I can get the button head allen bolts in black. I am painting a headlight cowl and have to remove the black head rivets. I want to replace them with allen bolts but keep the look.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
63,767 Posts
My local Ace has a huge selection of black bolt/nuts/screws. They won't be a shiney black, for that I have painted some of them with a good primer and gloss black paint. Like on my dash panel. I've taken them off a few dozen times and the paint is still there. Just be sure to put one or 2 thin coats of each primer and paint. THIN is the optimal word. Too thick and you won't get the allen key in. You can kinda see them in this pic. 8)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx Spike

I bookmarked the site you named , for future reference...but i am looking for the chrome caps the cover bolts and nuts ???

·
Registered
950 Posts
I have gotten some at my local True Value store. They are expensive but are a good quality.

·
Super Moderator
63,767 Posts
Oh, sorry. Let me think a minute, not quite myself today. Have a bad cold going on here. I think I remeber Kury having snap-on caps. 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts