Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any known issues with vtx 08,have a02 1800 looking to maybe downsize to 1300.the 08 only has 9700mi

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Triple tree stem bearings are about the only main issue. Besides that most the same common issues as the 1800 minus FPR and ground fix. 1300 forks are easier to deal with also.

You will notice less power and less powerful bakes.

·
Old Goat
24,218 Posts
06 with 54k...water pump(at 44K) starter switch maintainence ,did the all balz....as for stopping CT on a 1800C rim with 1800 brakes...lol...good luck

·
Registered
192 Posts
My 04 1300 has 85k and no major issues mechanically (well maybe some that were self inflicted) mine is heavily modded and cant harldy tell its a vtx any more. Great platform to build with

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
My 04 1300 has 85k and no major issues mechanically (well maybe some that were self inflicted) mine is heavily modded and cant harldy tell its a vtx any more. Great platform to build with
Photos please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am with you. About the only thing not replaced or modded is the inside of motor.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I build the exhaust crash bars saddle bag bracket put a fairing in cut it out and customized it to take a touch screen bluetooth radio i have plenty of pics if you want more lol 14" apes and dark side 😎

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Photos please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am with you. About the only thing not replaced or modded is the inside of motor.
I have lists of things ive done and changed and many pictures off all the different stages and changes if you wanna see them or know what or how ill gladly share!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts