Honda VTX Forum banner

1300 C Vibration

Tags
vibration
1K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  1Squirrel 
#1 ·
Haven't ridden for several years, but just took my 2007 1300C out for a ride. The first thing I noticed was the vibration that it has when I excellerate. Compared to the old 1100 Interstate, it is really noticeable. I have done a bit of research and most of what I have found indicates that this is a pretty normal thing, but just want to throw it out there to see what kind of response I get.
Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Yep, there is a little vibration. I was surprised when I got mine (being used to Harleys).

#4 ·
Coming from owning mainly Shadows & Magna's in the past, I to was a little disappointed by all the vibes in the VTX. Buying used, I had what I felt was more than normal, and it was. I found a cracked vacuum line going to my air box. After repairing that the "extra" vibration went away. But I still have more than what I was/am used to on other bikes. Yesterday I rode 2-up and when I would hit speeds of 80+ the X would vibrate more then I cared for. But as others like to say, it is the nature of the beast.

#11 ·
Same hear, from day one off the lot. 34,000 miles later finally got different tire then stock replacement and seemed to be better. Also heard of people getting "All Balls" Bearing for head stem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.