Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey
I am trying to pick a windshield for my 1300 C. could you post pictures of the NC SwitchBlade® 2-Up® Windshield or SwitchBlade® Chopped™ Clear Windshield.

i dont know which one i want.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
That all depends on you. If you ride 2Up all the time then get that one. If your a solo rider then there are two shields to look at. The shorty & the defelctor. For me I have the 2Up as that was the first shield I bought for long rides & the defelctor for around town which still lets me fill the wind but not so much on the chest. The 2Up offers the most protection of the two. Can't say much about the shorty, since I don't have one. The defelctor is by far the best looking one for the C Model. The 2Up just takes away from the look, Just my 0.02 cents.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have this one, Honda sport shield

i ride on an interstate at night about once a month .. how much wind and bugs does that keep out of your face?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Here's a couple of pics of mine with the switchblade Chopped. Mine is smoke colored but it it's a pretty light tint. In the first pic mine is the bike on the right.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
this is a MS pop top

also had the MS big shot....looks the same only bigger

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I just put a NC 2 up on my bike this past weekend and went out for a ride last night. I like it. I didn't get buffetting and it just makes for a more comfortable ride.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Here is a picture of my 2005 1300C with the Switchblade Shorty
+1 on the Switchblade Shorty. Really looks nice on the C and keeps the wind off my chest. I don't get any buffeting and I'm 6'2". I figured I'd get a taller windshield for the winter with the Switchblades being so easy to change, but I'm fine with the Shorty and am still running it. Of course it's not that cold around here in the winter.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the pics and info

i just ordered a 2up off eBay!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
As Said, it's mostly personal preference as far as look goes. My C came with a MS "BAPS" (big a$$ police shield-don't know the name) and is butt ugly on the C, although it works really well. I ordered the Pop Top judging by the pics previously posted so I am hoping that will look good and offer some wind resistance. IMHO there is no windshield that looks good on the C, it's just necessary at anything above 60mph. Good luck with your purchase and posts some pics when you get it installed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
When you all installed these shields on your 1300 C, where did the support arms mount? I want to install a nice shield but I changed out the diameter of the handlebars to 1-1/2" from the stock 1".

If the mounts bolt to the forks I'll (or should be) OK? The handlebars I installed are 6" high with the 6" pull-back, which I'm thinking should be close enough to stock not to cause me any big problems.

All of the bikes shown with the different windshields are nice looking. Which is why I'm not going to be too broken hearted to installing one providing I can find the right one with the brackets I need, and it comes off fast when not in use.

Around here the weather usually gets a little chilly every now and then. I have another bike with the motorized windshield with a 4" larger than stock windshield gets me completely out of any wind at all. Not being a super fan of what the bike looks like with a windshield on, I can honestly say looks take a back-seat when it comes to the cold. Plus it gives me more riding time when a windshield is on.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Windshield

I was looking into windshields for my 1300 and found the Switchblade to be one of the best around for strength and looks. I started with the 2-up, but found that the top of the windshield was higher than your line of sight which normally would be fine except that I ride early in the morning and have passed through patches of FOG which really make it damm near impossable to see through. I ended up getting the next size smaller and it seems to work great for me. A little less wind blockage but the view is much better. :yikes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts