Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Great tip!!

Thanks for the heads up.Its always good to keep people thinking about the oddball stuff that could turn into a serious problem.Double checked mine and its fine but now that I've done it I will focus on that every time I pull off the air box.Good looking out!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Connecting the breather tube back to the airbox can be a real pain though. Sure wish there was an easier way. Not 100% confident mine is attached to the back of the airbox.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anyone had problems with this bolt in the air box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
The backing just spins when trying to remove the bolt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had the same problem just last week. The nut is seeted in a groment and the groment slit thus letting the nut spin. After removing the three bolds that seat to the carb I just just grabed the air box and pulled firmly and the whole groment nut and all came out of the seating. Ended up have to buy the part it was $12.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
The three screws are enough to hold it together. my was missing the bolt when I got it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry for this question but I don't know all the motorcycle jargon....

The word "airbox" does not appear in my 2004 1300S owner manual. Is that slang for something?

·
Registered
65 Posts
air cleaner

Sorry for this question but I don't know all the motorcycle jargon....

The word "airbox" does not appear in my 2004 1300S owner manual. Is that slang for something?
Airbox is slang for aircleaner box, the box your air filter is in.:shock:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am getting oil on my spark plugs and don't know what could possibly cause this. Any ideas before I get taken advantage of at the dealership? All responses are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I am getting oil on my spark plugs and don't know what could possibly cause this. Any ideas before I get taken advantage of at the dealership? All responses are greatly appreciated!
are you sure it is oil and not fuel from running rich? How much oil is on it? If it is a lot of oil you may have a bad piston ring or a bad gasket.

·
Registered
374 Posts
oil on plug

The spark sets in a sleave that can be turned out. Look at a parts explosion. I was getting oil on the front left plug. I found a large hex nut that fit and gave it tightened it a bit and the oil stopped getting on th plug. If the oil persits order the O-ring and replace it. Remember to take a look at the parts explosion, partzilla.com will have a picture of the parts.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts