Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early feelings about the gear change for me are positive. Some that changed didn't see it that way. Nothing is wrong with the stock gearing but I took a chance and it worked for me. The bike is more "relaxed" and easier for me to ride to work every day. I know most of you didn't buy the X for relaxing, but I enjoy the ride now that i'm getting used to the different way it feels. !st and 2nd are taller; but you don't have to slip the clutch to get going. Third and fourth will take me most anywhere in town. 4th just goes on and on and on. 5th will work ok between 50-60mph if there are no big hills or major headwinds( more hp would help here). The bike moves out quite nicely from 60 on up. Back off the gas in 5th and it coasts almost like an automatic,,,well sort of. The mileage is better, probably because of the way I ride now. In 5th, on I-10, at 70-80+( on the speedo) the rpms are down a good bit, (more relaxed, no looking for 6th), but it's still the Beast. I love leisurely gliding past those "other" little v-twin crusiers, don't you?
All said and done it was a good swap for me, but fairly expensive. I think it will take me about 15 yrs of gas savings to get my money back. But for me, the bike is simply more fun to ride now. I think I just might keep it for 15yrs. Thanks to you all for this great forum. Ride safe
Joel 2002 Silver C

1 - 1 of 1 Posts