Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a hard time determining which risers will work best for my 1300C, since retros, Cs, Neos are all different, and then there are even the 1800s. Some risers say they will raise a R and C 3" or 4 ", but the stock risers are different and how could it raise them the same amount.

Who has a 1300C, and is about the same height as me, has replaced their risers, and is happy with them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Risers

When I got mine, everyone either recommended Thinman or Kewlmetal. If memory serves, the Thinman, it was said, lift the bars up more but don't change the angle much. Kewlmetal lifts up and lays the bars back. I went with the Kewlmetal.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I'm 5'10", about 180lbs. Thinman brings the bars up 3 1/2" and back 1 1/2". With the Corbin seat, it fits like a glove. Thinman Risers around $100, give or take a little. Kewlmetal bring the bars back and down too close to the tank for me. (JMO) Both are easy to install yourself and don't need to extend the cables.
For the Thinman Risers contact:
[email protected]

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, most importantly I want them to come back. Anyone have some pictures of the Kewlmetal ones?? Thanks

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you need to replace any of the wiring or cables?

G

·
0 Posts
Kewlmetal worked for me. I'm about an inch shorter than you and I'm comfortable now with my Mustang seat. good luck. I know there was a post here a while ago that had some pics, but I can't remember who it was.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I changed out my bars to Flanders and also changed to 6" Aeromach risers. I am 5'7" and a little bit more and really like the postion of these bars. No need to change any cables either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts