Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one tell me which passages are to be checked and cleared when cleaning a neglected carb? I've been working on the accelerator pump all day and got it to clear once, but now its plugged again.

Registered
Did you look at the link Hans&Feet posted for you in the general board??

Here it is again:

Hope that helps you out. Welcome back 馃嵒

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I did. I have it apart. That isn't the problem. It's figuring out which passages should flow free.

Registered
Check valves! When the accelerator pump is taking in fuel, the check valve on the spray nozzle is closed. When spraying fuel the check valve in the accelerator to fuel bowl is closed. Spraying carb cleaner into the check valve in the direction of flow should eventually get it cleaned

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
In the accelerator pump bowl there is a tiny brass port, at one time I had cleaner squirting out of it when forcing fluid down the center port. Now I can't get any fluid to come out of that brass port no matter which way I force fluid. I've been working on it for 2 days, soak, ultrasonic cleaner, Carb cleaner, pressure, Repeat... I finally got fluid to come out the port to the squirter, but nothing come out of the brass port.

Registered
My guess, sintered brass filter in the middle, a brass plug where a ball check valve lives, and a port where the fuel comes out and goes to the nozzle. The port is left of the screw hole. Three things inline.....
Forget the brass plug. The ports of interest are on either side of the screw hole. My intake and outlet could be reversed because it may only have one check valve... Whichever port that goes to the carb bowl is the intake... Mine has never been off...

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
When I first started cleaning, fluid would squirt out of the brass tube, it won't any more. It isn't a plug.

Registered
You can buy that part..

Registered
When I first started cleaning, fluid would squirt out of the brass tube, it won't any more. It isn't a plug.
You can use a pair of pliers, and remove the brass tube, clean the tube with carb cleaner,and air. You can then see if the hole is clear, from the pump.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts