Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 1700 miles on a 06' 1300R and for the last 200 or so miles most of the time when I use the front brake or push down on the front end it quacks like the Aflac duck. When it's cool in the mornings I don't notice it as much. Fork is clean as a whistle, no oil leaking or anything.
Do I need a can of silicone spray or a trip to the dealer ?
Thanks in advance....

Tool kit update, took parts list to dealer two weeks ago, got the run around, they copied the parts list so they could ask the Honda Rep when he comes around ? !

·
Registered
622 Posts
I don't have the expertise to address the issue with the forks, but about the tool kit "runaround":

Did you tell them to go ahead and look up the parts fiche on their own system? That would have been my first course of action if they started trying to baffle me with BS.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I get that too. I've noticed only lately, that if I'm at a light and bounce the front end, I get that quacking sound. I hear it now at slow speeds as the front bounces over the road surface, and it definitely sounds like it's coming from the forks.

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
There is a plastic dust ring in there where the upper and lower forks come together spray some silicone up in there all the way around and it will quiet it down, normal wear will eventually if you can stand it :wink: Good luck.

·
Registered
337 Posts
TennX said:
There is a plastic dust ring in there where the upper and lower forks come together spray some silicone up in there all the way around and it will quiet it down, normal wear will eventually if you can stand it :wink: Good luck.
Bingo,I 2nd this!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts