Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered 1300R throttle cables today to get ready for my bar change. Are both the throttle cables on the retro the same length? If not, which is longer and what's the difference.

Also, has anyone ordered OEM equipment through HDL's supplier and if so, did you have any problems? It took my over 30 minutes to order 7 things? (cables, brake line, fiters and such) Now I wonder what I'll end up with. Maybe I'm worried over nothing but the experience left me wondering. :?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I don't recall, but just take 'em off one at a time and you'll be fine. Seems to me the ends are different so you can't really mess it up. Maybe my imagination, but I don't remember it being very hard.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nathan61999,
It sure was a nice ride to and from work today on my new seat.

I see you are getting some new stuff. I am waiting on leatherlykes bags to get here now then I will be set for a weekend ride.

Cheers!!!
RattlerX

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RattlerX
It sure was a nice ride to and from work today on my new seat.
I see you changed your avatar. I got a kick out of it. :lol: You know, that purty seat and all.

I'm really glad you like it. My butt would like that seat back but my back likes mine. Oh well, my butt will have to live.

Don't you hate waiting for stuff? :twisted:

·
Seat Dr
5,159 Posts
nathan61999 said:
I ordered 1300R throttle cables today to get ready for my bar change. Are both the throttle cables on the retro the same length? If not, which is longer and what's the difference.
They are both the same length, they have differant threaded ends on them though for the push cable and pull cable. I took longer to take the seat and tank off and put them back on than it did installing the cables but it is definitly worth it. It's not the color of your bike that is important really, it's how much extra shiney stuff you have on is what really makes them fast :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts