Honda VTX Forum banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
150? Shoot, that's only 3rd gear on the Busa. yawn
Wow!! One of my bucket list items WAS taking a 'Busa to Montana and seeing the other side of 200 mph! But, about 7 years after I sold my only sport bike, a 2006 Suzuki SV100S, I don't think that will ever happen.

It's more than 14 years after I started this thread. Man, a lot of folks who posted aren't here any more!! So sad. I even miss DUUG, which I called 'DUUGLY, rhymes with BUDLEY!!!' You would have have to have been here in those days.

I took my SV to Willow Springs Raceway in Rosamond, CA a few times. I hit ~140 on the long straight. The fastest corner was corner 1 and I could do that at ~110 mph.

I rode in the Novice Class. I was one of the slowest. But, MAN, did I have a GREAT TIME!!

Some photos and images for y'all:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Old memories Joe. I recall both Budley and Duug. They were fun times on the old VTXOA. I've had the X wide open many times. It really runs great @ PTS! Amazing the fuel she'll burn. An entire tankful in a little over 70 miles coming down around the Pohatcong resevoir (sp) in upstate NY one weekday.

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
Old memories Joe. I recall both Budley and Duug. They were fun times on the old VTXOA. I've had the X wide open many times. It really runs great @ PTS! Amazing the fuel she'll burn. An entire tankful in a little over 70 miles coming down around the Pohatcong resevoir (sp) in upstate NY one weekday.
Your pal DUUG turned up on the VTX Cafe in the past year. Maybe posts once a week or so.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts