Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Way to stick it to the man... :roll:

Whatever dude..Probably won't be the last hour that you waste.

Glad it all worked out for you.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reelfun said:
Good Job Tony!

Any details? What did you plead? No contest with explaination?
First thing i said... I asked the court for it's advice on how to plead. Told the story. Showed the court my repair order for Quiet Baffles 5 days before the ticket (trying to be a law abiding citizen). And finally explained to the court that one cop was cloggin up our legal system with frivolous tickets. Asked again how should I plead? She said... don't worry 'bout it ---case dismissed.

Funny part... as I was on the way out she said... "If I were you, I'd keep your dismissal letter with you just in case they get you again!"

K

·
0 Posts
ya know...if we could just 'shoot to kill' all the real criminals then we could justify the time spent on frivolous traffic violations and what not...

not really serious, but it makes one think...

because back in the day (like the 20s, 30s, 40s) that's what they did...and no one ever questioned it because we knew that they deserved it...

but now no no no...they have the right to blah blah freaking blah...

whew...venting is over...let's go for a ride...

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Way to go T-

I'm glad you followed up and showed us the system CAN work.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Well there's at least one judge who can see through some of this crap...Congrats

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Slick X'er said:
Way to go T-

Sent nice letter (honestly) tonight to Ocean Ridge City Manager. Asked if I could come by and let him hear my scoot. Explained that I miss visiting his fair city. Explained that life was too short for bullshi*.

I'll let you know result.

·
Registered
541 Posts
topspin43 said:
Slick X'er said:
Way to go T-

Sent nice letter (honestly) tonight to Ocean Ridge City Manager. Asked if I could come by and let him hear my scoot. Explained that I miss visiting his fair city. Explained that life was too short for bullshi*.

I'll let you know result.
Nice!

Good luck with that, and I hope it truely works out but I'm sure when your face to face he will be very pleasent to talk with.....until you turn around. 8)

·
Senior Pirate
7,731 Posts
Good job fighting that BS citation. You got the wrong cop but more importantly the right judge.

We ALL know that the "law is the law" but ALL cops have a great deal of latitude to use their judgement in many cases.

Yours obviously had a hair up his ass for bikers. His wife probably won't let him have one. Congrats again,

KeyWasted

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
KeyWasted said:
His wife probably won't let him have one.
KeyWasted
His wife prolly won't let him have "it".

It was the same guy... twice. (Actually 3 times... the first ticket he ticketed me on the way out and then stopped me on the way home too and let me "slide"!)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
apdspider said:
Hey Tony, long time no see.

Where did you get the ticket specifically...which road?
A1A in Ocean Ridge. Ocean Ridge is A1A only and goes from the Lantana Inlet Park (North end) to 1 block south of Woolbright (South end). I usually ride AROUND Ocean Ridge and jump on A1A from Woolbright. But the last time they got me in the 1 block area before reaching the gas station in Briny Breezes.

A buddy of mine got one yesterday (4/12) and another poster on the HD board got one last week. Ride around it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: Noise

I'm glad someone was given a brake. I run cobra short staggered drags pipes on my 1800 and they are loud, even with baffles, which I run all the time. I live on Military Trail, and I hear a significantly higher number of rolling juke boxes than I do motorcycles, and the rolling boom boxes are significantly more obnoxious than the bikes. They have laws for those @%$#& things, wish they'd get them off the streets. Or at least give them tickets like they do bikers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts