Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey.....i see so many models of 1800 vtx,R,S,1,2,2c..ETC...imm looking for different exhaust"like on the 03 i think,the "single" muffler type..does most mount the same?..:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
10,799 Posts
1800C had the single muffler. Has foot pegs.

R, S, T, N are similar have platforms

Usually different exhaust bracket .

Parts house have parts fitment, find a part and see what models use it.

I use partzilla dot com for my searches and reference.

I have a 1300 so that is about all I know

·
Super Moderator
63,566 Posts
On your R model, a C exhaust will not fit around the floorboards. As the VTX hasn't rolled off a production line in over 12 years now, your choices are severely limited aftermarket wise. Take what you can find that is made for an R/S/T or N model. Hard Krome used to make a single pipe Sideburner I think it was called.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
The Sideburner is a great but very loud pipe which seems to be available again when I look on their website. Some years ago they stopped the production for the VTX but apparently they restarted which is good news!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ILL make it fit..lol..im planning on a bagger type rear fender (baggerbags.com).so need to make it a single best way i can.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
C model is almost a bolt on. Just a few areas to tap with a ball pien hammer. Test fit and you will see if it touches other areas. Been running on mine since about 2005.

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts