Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 1800 fuel injected and after draining bad gas from the tank and refilling, gas started leaking slowly out of the left side fuel intake runner.

I have never even heard of this before, has anyone else come across this?

Could it be the rear injector seal/o-ring is leaking?

Dr Xtreme

·
Registered
10,984 Posts
It could be....
But the FPR diaphragm failing in many 1st Gen 1800, gas has been know to flow into the intake into an open valve and into the cylinder. Check or replace the FPR.

·
Old Goat
24,417 Posts
From reading on here be sure and check oil for gas ...good luck

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
If we are really talking about an intake runner, that is the Y-pipe that carries the air fuel mixture from the throttle body to the intake ports, then if it is leaking fuel, would it not also leak air when it's not leaking fuel? I agree that the FPR is a likely suspect in this, but anything that is leaking fuel with a bad FPR will have it's own problem as well. Or am I out to lunch on this?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Removing the throttle body and checking the injectors and FPR will make things clear. Write up is in the manual or mayby somewhere in this forum....

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Can you tell us what you found? Always nice to know the result.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So this is a race motor with 11.5:1 pistons and flowed intake/heads. It has a Tunnel Ram for each intake runner, so no air cleaner. The fuel was leaking out the rear runner.

Since the bike is a 2002 the FPR may be bad due to course of time. It did not leak when the bike was sitting, but did leak after running the fuel out of the tank and lines.

Dr Xtreme

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replaced Fuel Pressure Regulator, that solved the leak. Installed 2 days ago and no leaks.

Dr Xtreme

1 - 8 of 8 Posts