Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do the stock exhaust baffles look like on a 2005 N? Are they solid or is it a disk system. I thought about getting just a little bit more sound and I noticed the endcaps seem to be removable. I have no deisire to compromise my extended warranty but a slight elevation in the sound department would be nice.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I did the same thing after someone come over on me on the highway because the bike was so quiet they didnt know I was there. The end caps are mearly a chrome cover. the muffler is a welded solid unit and will need to be cut open to be modified. I had my 04 Neo pipes modified by a company I found on this fourm, www.vtxexhaust.com and they sound great, very deap and throaty, they really bark when you get on it but I can idle through a neighborhood without setting off car alarms. No complaints from anyone I ride with either. I also did the desmog modification to stop most of the backfiring. Next step is the fuel management computer and air cleaner.

·
Registered
425 Posts
VTXKruser said:
I did the same thing after someone come over on me on the highway because the bike was so quiet they didnt know I was there. The end caps are mearly a chrome cover. the muffler is a welded solid unit and will need to be cut open to be modified. I had my 04 Neo pipes modified by a company I found on this fourm, www.vtxexhaust.com and they sound great, very deap and throaty, they really bark when you get on it but I can idle through a neighborhood without setting off car alarms. No complaints from anyone I ride with either. I also did the desmog modification to stop most of the backfiring. Next step is the fuel management computer and air cleaner.
What he said! :D I got my pipes from VTXexhaust.com & love them. they are pretty darn quiet when trolling thru the neighborhood or little towns, even crusing down the highway...but then when ya want to make the beast roar ...look out! heh-heh! :wink:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the feedback. Now I won't bother to pop off the endcaps for a quick fix. I haven't delt with Honda Corp since I was a kid. Are they pretty tough to deal with on warranty issues these days. I've got a five year warranty on the 1800N and I don't want to blow it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
BearTaylor said:
I appreciate the feedback. Now I won't bother to pop off the endcaps for a quick fix. I haven't delt with Honda Corp since I was a kid. Are they pretty tough to deal with on warranty issues these days. I've got a five year warranty on the 1800N and I don't want to blow it.
I was the same way! I also have the extended warranty. I asked the dealer & was told it would not affect my warranty at all. fyi :wink:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that's pretty good news Matt. Maybe I'll think about doing something with those quiet pipes over the winter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts