Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw this on EBay with a buy it now of $260. Item #120140887464

Considering I lost one a few weeks ago for $210 w/o the rotor and tire I thought it was a good price.

If I didn''t just buy one from MaskedMan I'd be all over this one.

Just an FYI

·
Registered
842 Posts
You are talking about doing the Foots Mod, right?

If so, then what else would I need if I bought this to make the Foots Mod work on my VTX1300C?

Thanks for the heads up.

OhioBob

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are plenty of links on here, but I think you have 2 choices:

1) get the 1800 caliper (dual piston), rotor and bracket, or

2) machine your 1300 rotor so it aligns with the 1800 wheel. Much cheaper but no dual piston caliper and when you have to replace your rotor you would need to get another 1300 and get it machined again..some guys have gotten this done for approx. $65

I'm sure someone will post more soon

Good luck

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
It is a good price, I seen it this morning, but the tire is a stocker so you still will need to get a 200mm tire to do the "foots" mod.........Plus I belive it was $35 shipping so it brings it up to $295.........you could always sell the stock tire for $50 to bring the cost down. The loaded caliper and mount you can usually pick up for $75-$100 or like mentioned you could do the slapjack mod, take your 1300 rotor and machine it down to fit the 1800 wheel and the 1300 brake set-up then sell the 1800 rotor that came on the wheel.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Correction..I misread your post.
This one has the rotor so if you wanted to completely switch to the 1800 you would need the caliper, bracket and of course the 200 series tire.

When you're on the vtxoa site check the search link on type, type in "foots mod 1300 rotor" and "search for all words" in the 1300 riders board. There's quite a few posts that explain the difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.