Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I'm an auto mechanic, whose never worked much on bikes. So here's my question :08 1800F3 - I installed a new tank liner & all the larger lines are clear. But the small 1/8" port for vacuum line that goes to nowhere (vent line I suspect) I can't blow or pull through it. So should I be able to?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah! I just did it with the KBS kit. Didn't think about blowing thru it while it was still wet. Wasn't sure tho if it had a check valve/diaphragm that only opened when a certain pressure is reached our it is just a straight pass-thru.

·
Registered
11,377 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crap, crap, crap!!! Thanx dude I think I'm gonna try wire again. If no go then spray aircraft stripper thru the hose and hope & pray I stop it b4 it breaks completely thru.

·
Registered
11,377 Posts
NO SAND...

MEK or something that dissolves it.

Someone else had this issue, second attempt succeeded with wire.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok been running wire thru it. Seem to get the furthest with 100lb stainless hanging wire. Will spray some aircraft stripper in it and give it another shot. So air should go both ways? Service guy said only 1 way.

·
Registered
11,377 Posts
1st gen has fuel pump and fuel level sensor
With a big access hole.

2nd gen has fuel level sensor.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man I wish I had an inspection camera to take a picture of this. I swear man, I looked at this thing a hundred times when I was wire brushing it while an 8 X 12 hole in the side of tank. Looking at it now still looks like a complete box 3/8" thick with a big 2" tall dome right on top of where that line comes in.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Oh yeah! I just did it with the KBS kit. Didn't think about blowing thru it while it was still wet. Wasn't sure tho if it had a check valve/diaphragm that only opened when a certain pressure is reached our it is just a straight pass-thru.
Strait pass-through. A metal "box" at the end of the vent line. Prevent fuel from splashing out on vent line at every movement of the bike. You need to blow air through before sealer dries. If nothing helps, clean the tank inside with MEK or Acetone (use at least 1 gal. or more) and seal it again.
BTW, sealing the tank 100% is almost impossible due to its internal shape, and construction (unless you put a huge amount of sealer like 3-4 gal. in the tank and of course drain the most of it at the end of the process).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stupid question if it's a true straight pass thru with no anti drain valve. Let me rephrase, is system there vent tank pressure or let air in so fuel will exit properly to pump?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts