Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
been done since 2004... many times.. both ways.

1300 and 1800 are the same except for the gears inside.
lots of talk about this subject on this forum.. since 2004.

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
Short answer, YES. Is it worth it? In the long run, no. 1300 gears give the 1800 a little more go off the line at sacrifice of top end. 1800 rear in a 1300 give it maybe a little more cruising rpm. Hardly worth it compared to a good carb supertune.

Reactions: TennX

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'm going to respectfully disagree, Rangers. I'm on my 3rd X [1st 1300 @ 76k miles, 2-3 1800 @ 126k & 70k] and I've made the change for the last two. It's my daily rider @ 12k mi/yr and I appreciate the low end gain and missing nothing off the top...just one man's opinion.

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
I'm going to respectfully disagree, Rangers. I'm on my 3rd X [1st 1300 @ 76k miles, 2-3 1800 @ 126k & 70k] and I've made the change for the last two. It's my daily rider @ 12k mi/yr and I appreciate the low end gain and missing nothing off the top...just one man's opinion.
It's OK, friend. I gave an opinion same as you. From a performance standpoint I think there are other ways to gain speed or power, but if the rear diff. is available, and it's cheap enough, go for it. No offense.

·
Registered
862 Posts
None taken, my friend. Other than airbox & filter mods, aftermarket exhausts & fuel management systems, what have you got for performance improvement tips...always looking.

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
None taken, my friend. Other than airbox & filter mods, aftermarket exhausts & fuel management systems, what have you got for performance improvement tips...always looking.
Haha, you've about covered it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts