Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try this again, posted in the wrong section before.

I tried a search for info, but nothing came back. I'm wanting to change to a dual exhaust system. I don't like the single look. Are there issues with fitting? Performance? Or any other problems to consider. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
10,796 Posts
Do you want 1800 R/S mufflers or aftermarket pipes? R/S require that bracket also.

No major issues, another hand or person to help hold them in place while assembling.

You can get exhaust gaskets from a dealer or look at compatible gaskets on a list in the Step by Step.

Here is one aftermarket seller.
http://www.hardkrome.com/models.php?modelID=16

·
Super Moderator
63,566 Posts
If you put stock R/S on a C model, you will melt the side cover. So you would need both the side cover and the R bracket. If you go aftermarket, just be sure they are made to fit the C model like Vance&Hines Bigshots. They are 2into2 pipes and are one of the best performing exhausts on the 1800

·
Registered
10,796 Posts
If you put stock R/S on a C model, you will melt the side cover. So you would need both the side cover and the R bracket. If you go aftermarket, just be sure they are made to fit the C model like Vance&Hines Bigshots. They are 2into2 pipes and are one of the best performing exhausts on the 1800

I did not know that side cover clearance was an issue!

Thank You Larry!

·
Super Moderator
63,566 Posts
Yeah, the R models have a cut out for the rear pipe as it goes over the clutch housing and the C models the rear pipe goes forwards and wraps under the clutch so it is shaped different ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts