Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have the J&M Amplified Stereo Speakers on my VTX. I loved them, but didn't like the big, bulky look. These speakers are much smaller, and I could live with the look.

Has anyone used these, or heard them on someone elses bike? If so, what do you think of them?

http://www.2wheeltunes.com/

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
That system is nice, and I spoke with one of the owners, it goes for a little over $500 retail.
Tejas

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tejas_Ranger said:
That system is nice, and I spoke with one of the owners, it goes for a little over $500 retail.
Tejas
Did the system have any drawbacks? Did the owner say they were loud enough for the highway? Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Went on a poker run once and one guy had a stero. Every time we would stop there was all this noise. Finaly some one ASKED him to turn it off or ride by himself.

·
Registered
889 Posts
You might want to PM DonG, or do a search for his post. He has a set of speaker, amplifier, and MP3 player he just added to his bike. It sounds pretty good, I was cruising into a stoplight the other day, I could here his radio about 20 feet behind him. I think he's got around #300 in his total setup.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Sour Note

Does this really work?
I cannot put the two together....
VTX and a Radio...
Just does not go.

I see Goldwings with sound systems, still seems odd

Don't have the desire to hear music when riding....
Not even 'Born To Be Wild'

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. After I had my J&M speakers and MP3 player, I got spoiled. Now that I don't have tunes jamming when I'm riding, I feel like I'm missing something. Nothing like cruisin down the road with a little AC/DC Highway to Hell blasting. For those of you who can't relate....I wouldn't knock it until you try it for yourself. Most of these speakers have a volume control right next to the turn signal switch. So, when you get to a stoplight, you can easily and quickly turn down the volume, so it's not annoying to others.

The ONLY drawback I could find with the J&Ms was the size of the speakers. That's why these 2 wheel tunes speakers have sparked my interest. As long as they put out the same sound that my J&Ms did, I'd like to get a set.

Anyway, if anyone knows of someone who has this EXACT set of speakers on their bike, please let me know. I'd love to ask them some questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts