·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before mounting pic, after mounting pic later.Update

·
Registered
323 Posts
Can you mount the 200 on the stock rim, no mods?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Here is an after mounting on rim pic of a Metz 200.... but before mounting on the "X"

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
RKip said:
Here is an after mounting on rim pic of a Metz 200.... but before mounting on the "X"
with the super-hub even!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
200 on stock rim-attn dogtownz

Called bridgestone they said YUP! I got the 200 Bridg because of the HD
sidewalls, load rating of almost 1000lbs, the size and width were an added bonus. I'll be putting the wheel back on tomorrow, so I can ride it to work.
Than to Alabama sunday, by Monday I'll have about 400 miles on it. My son wants to borrow it sat, so who knows how many miles he'll put on it.

I'll try to remember to take a pic of it and upload it Friday before I leave for work.

Doug.

·
Registered
937 Posts
The only thing is that since you're putting it back on a stock rim.... it will not be as wide looking and have a different rubber to road contact as a 200 mounted on a 5.5" wheel.

This is why you can put the 200 on a stock fender.... it will mount on the stock wheel and be taller than the stock tire was...!

Hope I didn't screw that up.... and you know what I mean... :lol:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi,

I ordered rear tire #5 yesterday. 34,000 miles on my C.

The tire you were taking off looks good yet ! compared to
my 200 Metz baldie.. Last one I ran to the cords.

I ordered the Bridgestone for the same reasons stated above.
triple sidewall.. etc.

I am going to run it with the Metz front, as that is still good.

I hope it "feels" good running this tire. My wife did like
the Metz "ride".

Later,
B

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bump

bump

·
Registered
331 Posts
yank said:
before mounting pic, after mounting pic later.Update

Here's a silly question. I lowered my rear end by replacing the stock shocks with 11.5 inch progresives. Do you think I can sneak a 200 in there with gutting out all that metal under the fender?

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Woodbrother

What and where did you get those bags?

·
Registered
271 Posts
BS /// Metz tire mix ..........

Cyclebutt3 said:
Hi,

I ordered rear tire #5 yesterday. 34,000 miles on my C.

The tire you were taking off looks good yet ! compared to
my 200 Metz baldie.. Last one I ran to the cords.

I ordered the Bridgestone for the same reasons stated above.
triple sidewall.. etc.

I am going to run it with the Metz front, as that is still good.

I hope it "feels" good running this tire. My wife did like
the Metz "ride".

Later,
B
Brian,
if not to much trouble, keep me posted on how this combo works out.
My front has plenty of tread left, but rear will likely be gone by end of summer. So if no compatibility issues will do the BS next winter.

PS making it to CO this year ? :mcrider:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
woodbrother-

The 200 fits real well under the fender, I lowered it down all the way when putting it on( took shocks off so I could lower the bike down) It cleared everything on mine, so I would say yes to the lowered shocks.
I'm running the metz front tire and the handling feels great. The bag on the back is the Kuryakyn Grandtour bag and I love it , it has an adjustable back rest and alot of room to carry 2jackets and lunch box, side pockets I carry a pluging kit ,air gauge , small light, the other side I carry my wallet and cell phone, etc....... In th back bag I carry a can of fix flat, and my other lens for my helmet, plus other stuff.
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/vtx/p ... =941310245

Doug
I'll find the other bag name from my daughter, she bought it for me.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Did anyone running the Bridgestone 200 take a diameter measurement after mounting compared to the stock dunlop. According to the manufacturer's info the 180 Dunlop diameter is 26.06" width 7.13". The 200 Bridgestone has a diameter of 25.6" width of 8.1". Depending on how the mounting changes things the 200 should be a little lower. Just curious how that measurement changed after mounting? Anyone try it on a 1800 retro yet? I'm ready for a new tire and would definitely be interested. :mcrider:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts