Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeop, someone spiked my 200 Metz the other day with a knife. You could tell by how the slash was wide at the outer edge of the tire and became more narrow as it went through the treds. The really bad part about all of this is that the blade didn't go all the way through, and the tire still had all it's air. It looked completly nomral, like nothing was wrong at all. So I never noticed it and just jumped on and started driving. The tire didn't go flat untill I halfway home and hit a few bumbs at high speeds. I was out on a lone Texas road at 1030 PM. Praise God, I was able to keep it under control, pulled off to the side, and ended up paying $85.00 to get a tow. But, I didn't drop it, . . . ! ! ! However, the thing that really sucks is that I've only had this tire for around a month.
I'm gonna have to buy a new tire. My question is, . . . I'm looking at the differences in the 200 Metz and a 200 Dunnie? I've heard the Dunnies are thicker. Now the only thing I really didn't like with the Metz on my stock rim, was the flexion. So, would the thicker Dunnies help solve my flexion problem?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chicago, . . . I wasn't asking about the tire thickness for the reason of stopping someone with a knife poking a hole in the tire. I was asking because now I have to get a new tire, and I didn't like some of the flexion I was getting with the Metz on my stock rim. I was asking if the Dunnie, being thicker, alleviate the flexion a little.

·
Super Moderator
63,769 Posts
I know, I was saying that your situation sucks(so does the jerk that did it). The Metz is the only one witha single ply sidewall, so the others would be a good choice, the Bridgestone or new Dunny. 8)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, actually I had been look'n at the Dunny, . . . however what's this about a 200 Bridgestone? I've tried looking it up and I've not had any luck at finding anything worth looking at. Any ideas out there on where to find some information on the 200 Bridgestone?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have about 200 mile on the Bridestone 200. So far I like it,
It is about 1 1/4 in wider thant the stock and looks very goog, no rubbing.

For Info go to the Bridgestone web page and look under OEM and the Kawasaki VN 2000 you can find the specs there.

Yuo can purchase it at http://www.mawonline.com/ for $125.00

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tip. What I'm mostly curious 'bout, . . . is the Bridgestone thicker than the Metz, and are you running into any problems with flexion?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts