Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 1800R that is new to me. It has a Hypercharger pro, PC3, Hanes and Vance pipes. It gets 28mpg consistently no matter how I drive it. I am not concerned about gas mileage but have read many posts about running rich or lean as related to gas mileage. The bike has 17000 miles on it My driving is mixed highway and city and various throttle settings. There are many posts about the fuel regulator and another question I have is the PC111 was supposedly tuned by a dealer for this setup if I just unplug it and plug in factory plug would that cause any damage to the motor. My goal is to have the bike last a long time. Another question is are there any differences between the models R, C etc. when it comes to the power trains. Thanks for the replies and safe riding

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
I have an 1800R that is new to me. It has a Hypercharger pro, PC3, Hanes and Vance pipes. It gets 28mpg consistently no matter how I drive it. I am not concerned about gas mileage but have read many posts about running rich or lean as related to gas mileage. The bike has 17000 miles on it My driving is mixed highway and city and various throttle settings. There are many posts about the fuel regulator and another question I have is the PC111 was supposedly tuned by a dealer for this setup if I just unplug it and plug in factory plug would that cause any damage to the motor. My goal is to have the bike last a long time. Another question is are there any differences between the models R, C etc. when it comes to the power trains. Thanks for the replies and safe riding
1. That is low for sure...pull the plugs and replace with hotter plugs (an issue for 02s)

2. Fuel regulator indicators are starting and running...as well as gas in the oil

3. Grounding fix?

4. Yes...unplugging the PC will not harm...but will probably get some backfiring. Lots of reasons for this...search will give you multiple reasons. No harm.

5. No differences in the motor or power trains...

Good luck.

Bull

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bull, Thanks to the advise I haven't had a bike since the early 80's and some of this performance equipment is new to me. Love the bike an amazing amount of power and great ride just want to make sure it lasts. Once I'm dialed in on all this new technology it will be chrome polish and riding. I am going to try and download a manual for the Hypercharger pro so I can understand t. The bike sat since last August till3 week ago should run some Fuel injector cleaner through the system? hanks again for all the advise. Brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cleaned and oiled the K&N air filter today it was pretty dirty. It made a big difference in low end acceleration nice and smooth now. I will have to recheck gas mileage and see if it improved. I also took my wife out today for a 30 mile ride and bike rode great. I added Seafoam to the gas tank I am going to run 3 full tankful's of this to see if this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts