Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rose this bike to work and it ran fine, when I took it to lunch it fired right up and went about 100 feet and quit. The Fi light does not flash. It comes on like it should and goes right out. I did check for codes and have none. I redid the ground fix, and I checked the crank sensor and cam sensor. They both test good. I have power to the coils and the fuel injectors. When I put my scope on either the coils or the injectors it is not pulling the circuit to ground enough to make either work. It is only pulling down to about 8 volts. I tried another computer and no change. This bike does not have a power commander but it does have aftermarket cruise control. I removed the cruise control and no change. I ohmed the coils and they test good too. If I understand this system correctly when I turn on the ignition it powers up the coils and injectors Then when I crank it over it grounds the coils and injectors via the computer. I am almost at a loss as to what direction to go from here. Does anyone have any Ideas?
Thanks Eric

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
You have one ground at the Brake proportioning valve. Check for voltage drop.
Verify Ground wires at the Common Electronics Ground at the front Ignition coil.
You have two Green/Pink wires from the Black ECM connector to the
Common Electronics bolt.
While cranking is the Black/White wire stay at battery voltage.
The Bl/W wire is the +12v for Ign coils, Injectors, ECM.

The 2pin connector with Red and Red/W stripe wires from the 30amp fuses have burned
open a few times. Very close to the Starter relay. R/W wire is for the FI.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts