Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
64,170 Posts
What are you looking for? Changing the lacing style/design? I've never seen a custom spoke wheel for the VTX to buy off the shelf. You're going to have to call them all and see if they are willing to take on the job of building you a hub that will work for our rotors since they only make them for Harleys and clones

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are you looking for? Changing the lacing style/design? I've never seen a custom spoke wheel for the VTX to buy off the shelf. You're going to have to call them all and see if they are willing to take on the job of building you a hub that will work for our rotors since they only make them for Harleys and clones
I want to change my stock wheels for spoke ones. Wonder if the VTX 1800S will fit my wheels of my VTX 1800R.

·
Super Moderator
64,170 Posts
Oh, that's much easier then. Yes, the 1800S wheels will fit as the rest of the bikes are exactly the same. You will need the rear rotor for the spoked wheel though. The front rotors are exactly the same for both cast and spoked wheels

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, that's much easier then. Yes, the 1800S wheels will fit as the rest of the bikes are exactly the same. You will need the rear rotor for the spoked wheel though. The front rotors are exactly the same for both cast and spoked wheels
Great!! Thank you very much. One more thing. Any Idea where to buy this Spoke rim? I've been looking around on the internet but no luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
I converted my 2006 1800S into an R by switching out my spoke wheels for the solid wheels.
If you are I interested in buying my spoke wheels they are in excellent condition and for sale. I live in Virginia, so don't know what shipping would cost.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
If you can keep your Cast wheels, with discs and everything, I suggest doing it. You can swap back on the fly.

The cast wheels are more sought after than the spokes, so, it would be much more difficult to switch back, if you want to in the future (if you get rid of your cast wheels).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts