Registered
6,536 Posts
"Identification of potentially affected vehicles;
Make/Model Description VIN Range/Dates of Manufacture
Honda VTX 1800 Certain 2002 model year 1 HFSC46072A007853 - 1 HFSC46052A008256
Aug. 14.2001 - Aug. 22, 2001
1HFSC46032A010183 - 1HFSC46002A010447
Oct. 2, 2001 - Oct. 4, 2001"

OK the way I read this is my # 1HFSC4 9082A 005265 ; IS NOT included!

RIGHT?

larry

·
Registered
186 Posts
2002 recall

Just Came back to the sight.
Thanks for the recall info .:oops:
I'll start watching closer.
Bigid

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not Happy...

My swing arm broke yesterday:banghead:

I wasn't aware of the recall. How do i go about registering for recall notice? I bought my 2002 vtx1800r used. Any other recalls i should be aware of?

·
Super Moderator
63,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the Info, I have a 02 made in the Ohio plant. Checked the VIN and I am glad to say that it is not one of the recalls......

Another good day!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great info guys, mine is 9xxx so I managed to slip right through the middle! I don't see the "punch mark at the end of the VIN" for the kickstand fix though, so it looks like she's going in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
VIBRATION

I get a vibration when in gear riding pulll cluth in and goes away.handel barsvibrateand windshield. Wonder if it could be pilot brgs in swing arm or u joint?

·
Registered
122 Posts
my bike is #235 off production line my vin was almost there but i have a california model with a sc4610 instead of sc4600 wich means i should be clear rite?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seriously not trying to necro any threads around here, especially as a fresh user and new VTX owner, but I feel that asking here in this thread makes the most sense. So apologize if this should have went elsewhere but here's my question:

I recently purchased a 2002 VTX 1800 that has 36,500 miles but was, from the looks of her, kept in immaculate condition and very well appreciated so I would imagine that the owner handled any and all recalls that came up. However I cannot be 100% sure as I purchased the VTX from a used motor motorcycle dealer after the original owner traded it for a newer trike or something similar... So is there any way to verify that they did in fact handle any needed recalls and if they didn't can I still have those issues resolved this late in ownership? Thank you in advance for any and all help in this!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Do what I did, call a honda dealership with your VIN number and they'll tell you if your bike was on recall and whether or not its been done. Mine was apart of the recall and to my surprise they told me my bike also was serviced do to the kickstand recall I knew nothing about. For once i was happy to have called the stealership. And thanks Chicago spike for starting this thread. 800 lbs of bike at 70+ miles per hour = you cant be too safe.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have an 02 bought it brand new in 03 lived in the same place since 1990 I have not received a notice and it gets registered every year it has 17000 on it.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 63 Posts