Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a pristine 2002 vtx1800r, with 10,600 miles on it. I have lurked here and learned a lot thanks for all the great advise. I just changed the Fuel pressure regulator as advised. Cobra speedster exhaust added. Here is we it gets weird on my vin tag on the stem is show 2002 model with manufacturing date of 5/2002. The sticker on the rear fender under the seat show it to be a 2002 model as well and shows the spark plug to be the IFR5L..I just changed the plugs and they have probably been changed before but they are IFR6Ls . I think the FPR had already been changed any way to tell? the looked identical and I did order the one that ends in 013 not 003. Any how the must have been making the 2002's late into 2002.

·
Super Moderator
64,170 Posts
Yes, they made the 2002s from late 2000 released them in January of 2001 all the way through late 2002.

The plugs were changed for fouling reasons. The 6L was one step hotter to combat the fouling these early models saw

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm just amazed sometimes and how you could possibly know everything there is to know about a VTX, Spike. We certainly benefit greatly from your knowledge, thank you.

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
I'm just amazed sometimes and how you could possibly know everything there is to know about a VTX, Spike. We certainly benefit greatly from your knowledge, thank you.
If Spike doesn't know something about them, Hans & Feet does. If they don't know, Sojourner does. etc. etc.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
9,885 Posts
plus a few Good motorcycle mechanics...

1 or 2 retired Honda mechanics

2002 was produced till 8/2002,,,,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts