Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Rectangle Font Wood Parallel

Anyone had problems with the left crankcase cover getting noisy because the rubber ring no longer does its job?
I replaced them a few years ago, but by now I have a rattling crankcase cover again.
I usually don't hear it since I always ride with earplugs in, but my son took de bike for a spin today and the noise drove him nuts.
At one time I just added some rubber washers, then replaced them all and now I ordered an other set of seven new bolts to fix this but I am surprised I have not heard anyone else complaining about this.
And yes, they are TIGHT.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Don't know. Mine are 20 years old and still doing their job. I always wipe them with my 'clean' oil rag when reassembling, maybe that prevented them from shrinking? Rattling is definitely annoying and, usually a warning.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
12,911 Posts
I've had my side cases off a couple times, and these rubber flat washers DO come loose. As anything rubber, they lose their resiliency? or ability to absorb vibrations as they age, get hard. If you find a suitable replacement, a small bottle of rubber contact cement will help re-mount them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts