Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am new to the forum and looking and going to the dark side with my VTX 1800 R and not sure what size tire I need to be looking at. I have been told that I should be able to fit up to a 205/70r16 on the back. My question is will that tire size fit the retro. Second question is I found a 205/65-R16 that I really like and I was wondering if the lower height on the back would be a issue ? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
It's a fraction of an inch. You can find any info you want on the website MCDarksiders.com. I have an 1800 C and run a 205-65-16 General Altimax RT43 radial. Plus a 90* steel valve stem and 2- 8 oz. bottles of orange Ride-On for internal balancing and sealing. Already had a puncture in one RT43, the R-O saved my ass 250 mi. from home. Slowed the leak from a flooring nail.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a fraction of an inch. You can find any info you want on the website MCDarksiders.com. I have an 1800 C and run a 205-65-16 General Altimax RT43 radial. Plus a 90* steel valve stem and 2- 8 oz. bottles of orange Ride-On for internal balancing and sealing. Already had a puncture in one RT43, the R-O saved my ass 250 mi. from home. Slowed the leak from a flooring nail.
I am thinking of trying the 205/65R16 Michelin Cross Climate 2 tire. Have you heard of anyone running it on a bike yet? Thanks for the idea of the orange ride on. Also how many miles are you getting out of your General Altimax

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
I am thinking of trying the 205/65R16 Michelin Cross Climate 2 tire. Have you heard of anyone running it on a bike yet? Thanks for the idea of the orange ride on. Also how many miles are you getting out of your General Altimax
I had 7K on the old one when I got the nail. I replaced it but it looked like brand new. Except for losing the rubber's flexibility with age of a number of years, I doubt I'll ever have to replace it again unless something major happens.

Reactions: DrDolittle
1 - 5 of 5 Posts