Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Currently the rear taillight is the only thing illuminated, along with the license plate light, when the ignition is on and the bike is running. The headlight and front blinker lights are on also; but my question is are the rear blinker lights supposed to be on also? When I use the turn signals they work as intended; however, the front turn signal lights are always on but the rear ones are not. Does anyone know which lights are supposed to be on when the bike is running?

Thanks,

Margarita Machine
:tools::bowdown::banghead:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
rear red lights (turn signals) are not from factory illuminated.
There are plenty of mods to make them illuminated but not normally. one is the kury RTB

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Folks,

Currently the rear taillight is the only thing illuminated, along with the license plate light, when the ignition is on and the bike is running. The headlight and front blinker lights are on also; but my question is are the rear blinker lights supposed to be on also? When I use the turn signals they work as intended; however, the front turn signal lights are always on but the rear ones are not. Does anyone know which lights are supposed to be on when the bike is running?

Thanks,

Margarita Machine
:tools::bowdown::banghead:

Folks,

Upon reviewing the schematic again I noticed that the front turn signals have 3 wires which is why they are illuminated when the bike is running or the ignition is on; however, as the rear turn signals only have two wires it is now obvious to me why those lights are only on when the turn indicator is on.

Thanks,

Margarita Machine,
:bowdown: :?: :smile:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Folks,

Upon reviewing the schematic again I noticed that the front turn signals have 3 wires which is why they are illuminated when the bike is running or the ignition is on; however, as the rear turn signals only have two wires it is now obvious to me why those lights are only on when the turn indicator is on.

Thanks,

Margarita Machine,
:bowdown: :?: :smile:
That's so you can buy after-market goodies. I got a pair of 3 wire silverbullet LEDs so I'll have both running and turn singnals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts