Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Bike basically has no gauges, Is it possible to add a tachometer, gas, and battery Gauge?

·
Registered
11,558 Posts
Welcome to the VTXOA!
Tach can be added.
Gas gauge would be difficult to add. Practice flipping the fuel petcock lever from main to Res.
I usually go 140 before thinking about fuel. I have made it up to about 180 miles.
1 gal reserve, figure 40 miles per gallon.
If you listen to the exhaust you can hear it lean out before the flame out pop.
This works on my Hardkrome pipes.
Battery gauges are plentiful. ( 9 segment bar graph, or led digital voltmeter)
I made a LED indicator to verify "charging" in 2011 and added the led meter in 2019.

Attachments

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
A lot of us aint as handy as Han’s...Ive had the kury on my bike for 14 years and zero issues..sold all over the net...good luck on your choice...

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Voltage gauge:
I installed a power point / cigarette lighter device and you can buy on ebay or elsewhere a plug in voltage gauge plus it is also a 12 volt source plug in for charging or plugging in devices for a GPS, cell phone etc.

This is the one I installed and happy with it, but there are lots of other options:
Electrical Power Point | Device Chargers | Accessory Mounts | Kuryakyn

Welcome to the VTX world (y)

·
Registered
11,558 Posts
Apparently there is a fuel gauge available. A post in the FB-vtxoa.
Matt Lake - They have floatless fuel guages that measure hydrostatic pressure in the tank. Called a fuelguagepro1. Only works with certain fuel setups tho. So depends if pumps internal or external an how lines are routed.
Not for internal fuel pumps. About $160 plus s/h

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I have a Barons tack on both of my rides. It was easy to install; I think even if a person has very limited knowledge. Also the little LED volt meter sold by different companies is easy. I mounted it next to my steering head nut. I haven't went so far as oil pressure/temp or coolant temp. I'd like to have those but had to stop somewhere with add ons. :)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Since i already had the Kuryakyn Power point installed on my handlebars i bought a voltmeter like the one below that plugs into it. I keep the bike on the tender all the time when parked. And keep the voltmeter in my windshield bag.

To be honest i rarely use the voltmeter anymore. I would only use it while the bike is not moving.

here's an example but mine doesn't have the USB ports

1 - 7 of 7 Posts