Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The quick rundown on this bike. I am not particularly tall so I spent a lot of time setting this bike up for someone that is of shorter stature. However, it is very comfortable for regular sized people as well, or so I've been told. In keeping with the Retro name I tried to customize it to look like an older 40's style bike. With some of the accessories being quick removal you can change the look around quit a bit. My favorite is the back seat and bag removed. With the lowered bike and the long pipes, pulled back front end and long rear fender it looks really nice.

Replaced the stock risers with 6" pull back along with 36" Beach Bars.
Ran internal wiring through the bars to clean up the front end.
Replaced stock cables with chrome wrapped cables.
Replaced Factory grips and levers with show chrome grips and levers.
Added Hondaline OEM Windscreen along with lightbar.
Added 10.5 Inch progressive shocks to the rear, this drops it roughly 1" at the seat and the better shocks improve the ride.
Put an Ultimate Seat Low that further drops the seat height (maybe 1").
The bags in the photo have been replaced with a set of River Road XL slant bags and also put easy brackets on them so that you can quickly take them on and off. Nice for a different look and cleaning. You can carry a ton of stuff in these and they work great.
Rear backrest and luggage rack.
Re-jetted and added Kuryakyn Hyper Charger along with Shogun Long Cannon Pipes. Sounds awesome!
The final piece was highway comfort, which is difficult for a short person. I added the Engine Guard with HD pull-back peg mounting kit with o-ring pegs.

Asking 5500

·
Registered
329 Posts
The quick rundown on this bike. I am not particularly tall so I spent a lot of time setting this bike up for someone that is of shorter stature. However, it is very comfortable for regular sized people as well, or so I've been told. In keeping with the Retro name I tried to customize it to look like an older 40's style bike. With some of the accessories being quick removal you can change the look around quit a bit. My favorite is the back seat and bag removed. With the lowered bike and the long pipes, pulled back front end and long rear fender it looks really nice.

Replaced the stock risers with 6" pull back along with 36" Beach Bars.
Ran internal wiring through the bars to clean up the front end.
Replaced stock cables with chrome wrapped cables.
Replaced Factory grips and levers with show chrome grips and levers.
Added Hondaline OEM Windscreen along with lightbar.
Added 10.5 Inch progressive shocks to the rear, this drops it roughly 1" at the seat and the better shocks improve the ride.
Put an Ultimate Seat Low that further drops the seat height (maybe 1").
The bags in the photo have been replaced with a set of River Road XL slant bags and also put easy brackets on them so that you can quickly take them on and off. Nice for a different look and cleaning. You can carry a ton of stuff in these and they work great.
Rear backrest and luggage rack.
Re-jetted and added Kuryakyn Hyper Charger along with Shogun Long Cannon Pipes. Sounds awesome!
The final piece was highway comfort, which is difficult for a short person. I added the Engine Guard with HD pull-back peg mounting kit with o-ring pegs.

What's the price?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts