Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2005 VTX1300. It came with a starter but no kill switch in the assembly. I am wanting to try and replace it myself. Any advice or pointers?

·
Super Moderator
63,772 Posts
The How to, Step-by-Step board is for threads showing How To do something. Your questions should be asked on the other boards like the 1300 Riders board where I will move this thread.
Please, take a few minutes to read all the "Sticky" threads that are at the top of each board.
Thanks,
Spike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The How to, Step-by-Step board is for threads showing How To do something. Your questions should be asked on the other boards like the 1300 Riders board where I will move this thread.
Please, take a few minutes to read all the "Sticky" threads that are at the top of each board.
Thanks,
Spike
New to the forum. Sorry.

·
Registered
11,938 Posts
Honda does not sell the switches individually, you have to purchase the Right handle switch unit is $80-90...

Do you a hole where the switch should be???

·
Registered
902 Posts
Honda does not sell the switches individually, you have to purchase the Right handle switch unit is $80-90...

There are several on ebay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Yes. There’s a hole where the switch should be but the switch is missing

·
Registered
11,938 Posts
You could possibly put a toggle switch in there.
A mini toggle switch rated at 10 amps.
Actually a slide switch would look more at home.
Thin sheet metal to make a cover and something on the inside to hold a switch.

Tlynn used a plain momentary switch to operate a relay which took care of the starter switch/headlight switch.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts