Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to color match a set of hard bags for my bike. Problem is I need the color code info. Can any one help? I have a silver pearl. It was offered as O.E.M in 2005.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The color label is probably located on the frame, behind the left side cover. Hopefully you still have your sticker on there. Or check in the Owner's Manual for your location if it's not there. That's where mine is on my '07 R. Good luck

·
Registered
370 Posts
If you go to the Color-Rite website it lets you pick your year and model, etc and if I remember it also shows you the paint code. www.color-rite.com.
Man, I have been looking for this site, couldn't for the life of me remember where it was, I LOVE THIS BOARD!!!:firstplace:
Thanks MXMARKETER!

·
co-sponsor
4,082 Posts

you'll pay through the nose with Color-wrong. Any paint shop should easily be able to match your silver finish on your bike, IMHO silver is one of the easier colors to match....

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm actually wanting to try some different effects using the original color blended with an effect. Is there a better solution or company I should be dealing with that would still give me the benefit of original color codes?

·
Registered
808 Posts
As long as you have the paint code from the bike any paint shop should be able to mix you up some to match then you can experiment away.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the paint code. I just checked under my L sidecover and sure enough... there it was. I have a couple scratches in the rear fender and L sidecover and was wanting to have them painted. The paint code will come in handy. Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the paint code. I just checked under my L sidecover and sure enough... there it was. I have a couple scratches in the rear fender and L sidecover and was wanting to have them painted. The paint code will come in handy. Thanks.
Good paint and much cheaper than ColoRite.

http://www.cyclesurge.com/servlet/the-template/locator/Page

Honda Billet Silver Metallic Factory Color Code : NHA27M
Manufactured : 05' - 08'

# VTX 1300R / S / C Cruisers , VTX 1800 ( All Models )

·
Registered
45 Posts
Does anyone know if you can find this silver color in a rattle can? Don't need exacts, just something really close to paint the helmet and other things.

·
co-sponsor
4,082 Posts

I'm actually wanting to try some different effects using the original color blended with an effect. Is there a better solution or company I should be dealing with that would still give me the benefit of original color codes?
As far as I know PPG is the best place to get OEM paint. It's less expensive than Color-rite, and Color-rite's paint is PPG anyhow. Most other companies do not deal with OEM motorcycle paint codes/colors

·
co-sponsor
4,082 Posts

Does anyone know if you can find this silver color in a rattle can? Don't need exacts, just something really close to paint the helmet and other things.
that's only half the battle, and a far less significant issue when it comes to color matching than getting the correct color of candy topcoat, and the correct number of candy topcoats applied.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
that's only half the battle, and a far less significant issue when it comes to color matching than getting the correct color of candy topcoat, and the correct number of candy topcoats applied.
thought the Silver was single stage. obvouisly this may vary by year

1 - 16 of 16 Posts