Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! Im new here and I need some of your advice from any one who owned 06 an 08?
I found this two and both seller went down to 4k when i was trying to make a deal? ,i t was both listed 5k. The bike are both the same C model which i preferred?
▪︎06 condition is ,2nd owner , new tires , needs battery, comes with back rest, saddle bag but those Mickie mouse one?,windshield ,bike has 19500km .
Reason for selling? Bought it for the wife but its too big!
▪︎08 ,one owner but the owner has been already move out so family member is selling it for him (The brother). The bike has 24500km, need front tire, back tire is new,battery new , no windshield, no back rest, no saddle bag. Reason for selling? They're retiring to ride!
My question is , is there any difference of the two years apart ? Is the 08 has something that maybe 06 doesn't? Which one is better?
In your opinion, is the 08 has better advantage?
Las question is ,is there anything i should aware from this two as thier reasons might hidden something?

·
Old Goat
26,438 Posts
FYI…u need to move this to proper forum ..so u can get the help u need …good luck

·
Registered
11,594 Posts
Did you crank them both up? How did they sound? If the one that needs a battery is code for “won’t start”, then I’d be looking closer at the other one; no telling what other issues might be lurking.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello everyone! Im new here and I need some of your advice from any one who owned 06 an 08?
I found this two and both seller went down to 4k when i was trying to make a deal? ,i t was both listed 5k. The bike are both the same C model which i preferred?
▪︎06 condition is ,2nd owner , new tires , needs battery, comes with back rest, saddle bag but those Mickie mouse one?,windshield ,bike has 19500km .
Reason for selling? Bought it for the wife but its too big!
▪︎08 ,one owner but the owner has been already move out so family member is selling it for him (The brother). The bike has 24500km, need front tire, back tire is new,battery new , no windshield, no back rest, no saddle bag. Reason for selling? They're retiring to ride!
My question is , is there any difference of the two years apart ? Is the 08 has something that maybe 06 doesn't? Which one is better?
In your opinion, is the 08 has better advantage?
Las question is ,is there anything i should aware from this two as thier reasons might hidden something?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I bought an 1800S with 14000 miles on it. I didn't ask anyone what they thought .

I had the owner take it to a Honda dealer , and they did a complete mechanical inspection .

They recommended that it would be a good reliable purchase.

I wouldn't buy it any other way. Best $100.00 dollars I spent.

:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, they both runs well ! I din't hear any abnormal noise from the engine? Only the one that needs battery ,he has to use jumper cable to start .
Only thing is i wasnt able to test drive as they are both un-plated and its slippery now outside.

Is it a big issue if the bike has not yet valve adjusted which it should follow the valve adjustment interval?
Because I asked from 08 seller and he say's,
" He never heard of valve adjusting since the bike never had any issue"?

·
Registered
11,594 Posts
My opinion - with the mileages you report for the two bikes, lack of valve adjustment is not an issue. But you will want to do this routine maintenance soon once you become a proud new owner.

·
Registered
11,594 Posts
Personally, if they are close in cosmetic comparisons, I’d take the one with fewer miles and a windshield. Bolting in a new battery is a much simpler chore than a front tire replacement, and a bit cheaper too. You will want to do routine fluid flushes on either bike once it is yours.

One added thought on comparing the two bikes - check date stamps to get the tire ages. Even if the have good tread, it might be time to be planning new kicks. This might factor in to the question of which bike offers the better value, or it might give you more bargaining edge as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its hard for me to pick one ! Specially i dont know much about this model.
Because i did research what is the best year of this model or what year has had more updated one ,but can't find none? Looks they are all look the same to me from looking
outside?
Its hard for me to see if there's any difference?
That's why I decided to post here ?That you guy's might give me a better ideas !
Both Cosmetics are identical also , all chrome are still clean n shine aslo body paint original!

Here' s the pic of 08
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive fuel system Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Here's the 06 pics
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Motorcycle
Tire Wheel Photograph Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
11,594 Posts
Either deal at 4K sounds decent to me. Nice looking bikes. Like I said - check tire dates. If nothing else; one of the two colors ought to appeal to you just a tad more. For me, the windshield gives Orange the edge based on what we know now, but I’m not the guy buying. Do some more arm twisting - this time of year, I’ll bet one of them can drop another hundred. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's one of the best way to do if sellers willing or agree to go for it?

·
Registered
13,465 Posts
What does the fuel tank look like???
Rust is not good. Examine carefully.
Any optional changes? Seats, exhaust.
2006 OEM exhaust is long. 2008 OEM is shorter and smaller.
edit>> Both have aftermarket pipes.
19,500 km = 12,116 miles
24.500 km = 15,223 miles.
Low miles, parked for a long time. Jets get clogged.
2006 OEM main jet #195
2008 OEM main jet #190 leaner, less power.

Brake fluid fluid probably the most important fluid to replace.
Any maintenance data for both bikes?
What do you know about motorcycles?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you guys for all the inputs, I really do appreciate it ! Helps me more to visualize which i should go for? Apperently the 08(yellow) seller got upset ?just got his message earlier! Doesn't want to make deal with me anymore?
Beacause friday yesterday, i told to 08(yellow ) seller that" im good to go? I'll let you know first thing in the morning if i'll make it"? But i haven't give an update that's when the 06 seller also agreed to bring his more lower to 4k and thats when I can't straight myself which one i will pick?as these two are the only lowest one i found in entire ontario?
Now ! looks like the orange one will be the chosen one?

I' ll keep an update once I'll get the bike?
Thank you guy's and keep safely as much as we could?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great thanks for more this info!
Not that great! When it comes specially to the engine system
Thanks for reminding to check the tank!
No maintenance record when i asked? but they do themselves .
The orange one has record safety inspection record last year ! They only had it for less half six month . So records of repair maintenance except new tires and breaks
Looks everything good except the batt and also thanks for reminding the exhaust ? The seller of the orange 06 told me its a stock exhaust but looks after market to me because it's way louder than the other 08. Usually thers stamp on the exhaust but i dint see when i was try to look? so maybe both are not original? I should be also concern about the mods. I know more about exhaust mods on cars but i wasnt really aware the exhaust mods on bikes as i see a lot of bike flipping their stock pipe to aftermkt one.
The 08 also i thought it was the cobra exhaust when i ask the seller but he also stated that all honda original?
Its just i dint see that time when i was looking the stam? I just thought maybe its behind?
Not like my honda before it shows , you can see outside.
08 bike also No record of repair maint. Except new rear tire , battery ,coils and plugs only, as also they do it themselves. No sign of wear and tear on fork seal , steering.etc.
Both seats are stock
But Wow! Good thing that i posted here to get some advice.

·
Registered
13,465 Posts
The yellow one has Cobra on the exhaust pipe, one picture has chrome sidecover,
your pic shows yellow side cover. Shock rubber bushings are shot.
Aftermarket front brake line. Foot peg feeler has not been ground down.
Brake fluid---goes in clear, two years later it could be amber, gets dark with age.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,465 Posts
Mio Orange, difficult to see the exhaust pipes. Looks like it may have caps on end of pipe.
Hardkrome pipes have a cap.
Just rear of the pipe mounting bracket is where HK stamps their model #
About 3" back from the bracket on the inner pipe where it gets a little larger.

Your first post ""Community Help Section - Site Help and Suggestions""
is help for posting pix or other weird stuff.

1300 Riders board is the place for your 1300 VTX.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Impressive ! This when expert guy's can ex'ray even from pics. You have a good vision? I wish you are here, to help me out to see the bike in-person but so far this going to be my fourth bike use i'm dealing . I had all the 3 bikes good ! I just got lucky i guest 😁lol!
Yes it has aftermarket side cover and brake lines , seller were including those original one?
Wow!But the exhaust, i cant believe myself how i dint see the stamp ?i'm sooo dumm blind, Its so dumm big logo !

By the way they are both aftermarket pipe as i search online show's big difference?
But i kind a like the aftermarket one better for looks!
Does this pipes really affect the engine?

I found another 06 black 11000km all stock
but wants 5500k only. MY max budget only 4.5k
Its pricy here in CANADA ONTARIO

1 - 20 of 29 Posts