Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased 03/2019, towed home ( it was non-op) first thing fixed. Joined forum, looking for advice. Second thing fixed, Stebel horn rewired and brought back to working condition. Troubleshoot the turn signal switch with WD-40, working better( still need to deep clean/lube)

Had to wait two weeks before riding. Doc said if I can’t really do stairs don’t ride.

Back in the seat. 03/23/2019, shake down run to the lake. Nice ride.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It has been a while. Too long in fact.

Pulled the neo out from under the cover. Found a flat rear tire. I aired it up and gave the starter button a flick.

Started right up. Warmed up fairly quick. But no ride that day.

In these troubled times I called the local shop. Just to see if they’d be open. Sure enough, they are. Made appointment for a couple of days later( last week Thursday ). I should be getting it back this Thursday.

Work done ( this time ); new 90* valve stem, and new tire to get me rolling again.

Will be looking for a proper set of tires shortly. Going to just be commuting to work.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well! Sorry for not getting back here a bit sooner! Kinda miffed, well actually more than just kinda.

Got the vtx back. But no 90* valve stem.

Bright side is, they didn’t charge me for one either. So there’s that.

I am back to daily riding, commuting mostly. But it sure beats being boxed up in a 4door import!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Glad to hear you are on the road again.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the late reply. Just cannot stop long enough to respond. Haha!
The bike is running just fine.
Recently found that open road gas mileage is awesome. Just about 50mpg. Though I have to watch my mileage any how, as the low level fuel light doesn’t work. I’ve caught my self putting 5.2-5.3 gallons in, a couple of times. No haha!

·
Registered
11,695 Posts
Look in the Step by Step 1800 section. A $1.50 Thermistor.. Open the Fuel sensor connector, Ground the Brown and Green wires to the harness. Turn on IGN switch, withing 2 minutes the sensor light should illuminate.
Another thread with more info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts