Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased 03/2019, towed home ( it was non-op) first thing fixed. Joined forum, looking for advice. Second thing fixed, Stebel horn rewired and brought back to working condition. Troubleshoot the turn signal switch with WD-40, working better( still need to deep clean/lube)

Had to wait two weeks before riding. Doc said if I can’t really do stairs don’t ride.

Back in the seat. 03/23/2019, shake down run to the lake. Nice ride.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It has been a while. Too long in fact.

Pulled the neo out from under the cover. Found a flat rear tire. I aired it up and gave the starter button a flick.

Started right up. Warmed up fairly quick. But no ride that day.

In these troubled times I called the local shop. Just to see if they’d be open. Sure enough, they are. Made appointment for a couple of days later( last week Thursday ). I should be getting it back this Thursday.

Work done ( this time ); new 90* valve stem, and new tire to get me rolling again.

Will be looking for a proper set of tires shortly. Going to just be commuting to work.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well! Sorry for not getting back here a bit sooner! Kinda miffed, well actually more than just kinda.

Got the vtx back. But no 90* valve stem.

Bright side is, they didn’t charge me for one either. So there’s that.

I am back to daily riding, commuting mostly. But it sure beats being boxed up in a 4door import!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts