Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting this to Craigslist for a buddy, but thought I would throw it out here first. It is a 2007 Honda Ruckus with 770 miles. I tuned it up for him last year, and he said it has been running great! neat little scooter. runs about 35-40mph. Good for around town, campgrounds, cabins, etc. Retails for $1425 with more mileage. $1200 for MN X members. :D I will be listing it on craigslist for $1500. He used to put it under the coach buses he drove so he would have a means to get around at night. It is located in Hastings and you can talk to me about setting up a time to check it out. It is licensed as a motorcycle, because the state won't license any scooter that goes over 29mph as a moped :\ So you do need an endorsement to ride it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ruckus running rough

Hello I see you stated you had done a tune up on your Ruckus, I am having some acceleration ,throttle problems. wondering if you can give me some ideas to where I could look to fix this problem. I have a 2007 thank you

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if it is the engine not cooperating, I would look more towards the fuel/air side of things. If it is the bike not wanting to accelerate but the engine is running alright, likely a clutch issue. Has it sat for a long period of time? If so, drain the tank and pull the carb. Go thru every jet and passage way with a fine wire and clean it thouroughly. Also check the airbox/filter. I have seen mouse nests cause issues similar to a plugged jet. while you are at it, a new plug and fresh oil wouldnt hurt too. Good luck! Let me know if I can be of any more help

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Sharp scooter. You are a tad far for a test drive. My niece wants one and I have been looking. Most here have been dogged out or are way over priced.. Good luck. Appears in good condition..

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Sharp scooter. You are a tad far for a test drive. My niece wants one and I have been looking. Most here have been dogged out or are way over priced.. Good luck. Appears in good condition..
Cool little ride for a kid in HS or College to get around in good weather. I never understood why they get such relatively poor gas mileage (same as a VTS) for such a comparatively light scooter though?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ruckus running rough

Ya I had the same problem today, stuck at my friends, so we puled the plug that could be replaced, cleaned the fuel filter. didn't help. And yes it sat for about 2years , it was my dads. air box filter ok. how should I check the clutch? take it to a dealer?. I plan to look at the carb tomorrow. How would you suggest I find a manual ? I really appreciate you feedback.

if it is the engine not cooperating, I would look more towards the fuel/air side of things. If it is the bike not wanting to accelerate but the engine is running alright, likely a clutch issue. Has it sat for a long period of time? If so, drain the tank and pull the carb. Go thru every jet and passage way with a fine wire and clean it thouroughly. Also check the airbox/filter. I have seen mouse nests cause issues similar to a plugged jet. while you are at it, a new plug and fresh oil wouldnt hurt too. Good luck! Let me know if I can be of any more help

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MSG me your email address and I will send you a manual. It is likely a clogged jet in the carb. Use a really fine piece of wire and clear every port. Carb cleaner is touch on plastic, rubber, and paint. Be careful not to spray it anywhere that might get damaged. I would pull the jets out to clean them thoroughly...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts