Honda VTX Forum banner

2007 VTX1800T Spec 2

3K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Decadence75 
#1 ·
'07 VTX1800T Spec 2 up for sale. Send any questions via messages.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
LOL. He already said "send questions via messenger". Obviously, this is a double-naught spy bike and can't be discussed in the open. Normal details like price and mileage are WAAAY too sensitive to be shared with the grubby public. :grin2:

In fact, I'm concerned that his ad already gave away too much. What he should have said was simply "bike for sale". No year, no model, no engine size, no picture. Don't you know - loose lips sink ships, and all that jazz. :thumbup:

#6 ·
HTFU. They was just razzing you and having fun on your account.

I thought they were funny posts. Not enough funny in this world anymore. :smile2:

Reactions: Oksikahl
#8 · (Edited)
Same cast of characters don't seem to see the ill that they are doing. Yellow... you've asked about a billion things for sale - have you actually bought any? Maybe you can't afford it? Exhausting and a put off for new comers. Leave this guy alone. What more do you really need to know... how much meaningful variation is there really on a VTX 1800T (you all should already know this). Ask him miles and your done....

#12 ·
We, as a nation, are getting WAY too sensitive about everything. If some of this good-natured "ribbing" is going to turn people off, then maybe we don't need them on this forum. These are BIKERS,,,, with a biker's sense of humor. Quit acting like this is a 2nd grade classroom of snowflakes, and grow up a bit. Next thing we'll be wanting to hire "bullying" police for this forum...
OK,,,, now we'll return to our regularly scheduled programming....
Safe Riding, folks. And Merry Christmas to everyone out there.....

#14 ·
So you're a biker? What the hell is a Biker? LMAO. Send Pic's now! The one's with the biker attitude for sure! I need to know!!!
Keyboard tuff guy! Tell me - what is a biker?

About the "bullying" comment... LMAO... on another thread I blasted you for being a-hole for suckering someone into paying way too much for a virago ( I still stand by that) ... you didn't respond, but others pointed out that that kind of personal attack can/will get me banned. Really? We're bikers. Shouldn't bikers be free to say this kind of sh*t? Shouldn't bikers be able to suck that up? According to you - yes. So, I should be good, right? DB

#13 · (Edited)
sring115,

I'm sorry I'm not making you feel safe with my posts... wait I'm not sorry. So let me get this straight, you're saying I'm being rude by asking to post more relevant info, but then you come at me saying I can't afford it and I'm a dick. You're a special kind of stupid. I'm not going to bring up my finances with strangers, but yes I can "afford" it. When you're ready and can afford an upgrade, maybe you can step up to a spec 3 F model like what I have.

I say something in threads like this because I think the original poster needs to be aware that a buyer wants more relevant information regarding a big purchase, especially a motorcycle. Relevant information: How many miles? Has the bike been down? Does it have any known issues? What kind of add-ons does it have? This information may not be relevant to you or Decadence75, but it is to 99% of people looking at purchasing a bike.

Your friendly forum poster,
Troy

#15 ·
Yeah, I am saying you are rude by asking. The second person to chime in quoted you with an opening line of "LOL"... you know you were being a sarcastic dick. Don't try to tell anyone you weren't doing that - you were.

sring115,
You're a special kind of stupid. I'm not going to bring up my finances with strangers, but yes I can "afford" it.
Hahaha.. you just did! LOL!

sring115,
I say something in threads like this because I think the original poster needs to be aware that a buyer wants more relevant information regarding a big purchase, especially a motorcycle. Relevant information: How many miles? Has the bike been down? Does it have any known issues? What kind of add-ons does it have? This information may not be relevant to you or Decadence75, but it is to 99% of people looking at purchasing a bike.
So, you want to let the original poster know that he is a dope? He [/QUOTE] "needs to be aware that a buyer wants more relevant information regarding a big purchase, especially a motorcycle. Relevant information: How many miles? Has the bike been down? Does it have any known issues? What kind of add-ons does it have?" [/QUOTE]

This is jack-assery. He said - send me questions.

#16 ·
Well sring,

I guess I'm just a rude guy then and I will continue to be rude when someone doesn't have the common sense to post relevant information on the sale of a motorcycle. Of course, this rudeness is subjective and only you and the original poster got their feelings hurt. The fact that he can't post this information in the open and needs all potential buyers to "send him questions" is shady. Actually, I didn't discuss my finances with you, I just said I could afford the bike. If you want to act like a 10-year-old then go right ahead. To wrap this up, I didn't attack the original poster, you did by calling him a dope, as well as calling everyone else in this thread names. You are that guy.

#17 ·
Wow, you twisted that... So you think the Op has no common sense? - that is what you said here. And he is shady? - you wack job! Yup- I called you a wack job for that.

i didn't call the OP a dope - you sarcastically implied such (I chose dope, but could have guessed 10 other words given the context you put him in). To you I may be "that guy" - whatever that means. To me - you are that d*ck (just like I said in my first post)

#22 ·
Ok, this thread has spiraled way out from what I meant it to be. This was supposed to just be a simple bike listing.

Sure, I did not list every little detail of my bike. I was in a rush and didn't have much time so I posted what I had time for and asked for any other inquiries to be directed directly to me. Apparently that is too large a concept for some of the forum members and they wished to express that discomfort in derogatory manners.

I am neither angry nor upset at what has transpired. Just surprised it went this far with the insults.

I would need to charge the battery to tell you exact mileage but ut us around 38-39K

Yes, I put the bike down once at low speed (maybe 10-12mph) right after I got it. The only damage is scrapes to the engine bars and a few scratches on the windscreen. Someone pulled out of a gas station and decided it would be ok to block my travel lane as I came around a corner.

The bike runs fantastic, I just don't ever ride it anymore.

Please send me any further questions. I will publish any questions in the thread.

I hope that satisfies everyone and ends this flame war.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.