Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here is the new Harley...

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Cont ... cale=en_US

(Click on the FXCW or FXCWC buttons - I can't make the link to a pic work)

I think they missed on the styling. Good idea (240 rear, swingarm mounted fender), but I don't think the overall shape is right. I think if a guy wanted an "out of the box" fat tire pro-street bike, the Big Dog Mastiff is a prettier bike. I'm not just being anti Harley - there are a couple of models I like - but this one isn't one of them. Maybe it looks better in person. I think it looks positively silly with that pinion seat on there.

But...as they say...opinions vary.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Apart from the Soft Tail Custom they are all pig dog ugly. Even the wheels are ugly. YYUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKooooo!!! :)

As stated before, Opinions are like assholes. Everyones got one and most of "em smell.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I like it! I think it is a great starting point to make it my own. I also think they are leaving things like nice wheels off of their bikes to get more after the sale. But that is just my opinion. As far as a fat tire production Big Dog compared to a Harley. There ain't no comparing them. You get way more with a Big Dog.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Yeah, I dunno. I think it's nice that HD made the leap to offer something different, but that seat/fender combination looks goofy. I'm sure that Mustang or Corbin is laughing their collective a$$es off, coming up with something to replace it.

Have you seen the "Fat Bob"? Dyna with a 180 rear and a 130 front? That is the one that I would be interested in.......

·
Registered
622 Posts
Just for hee-haws, I used the "estimate a payment" thing on their website to see how much the Rocker "C" would cost me (not that I even like it). Even with $1000 down and a $6000 trade-in value, I'd end up paying $265/month for 7 years! Sorry, no thank you. I'll stick to my "I'll never buy a Harley" state of mind.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
The seat is different, believe it or not someone will love it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Unlike the other people here, i must've been the one they made the bike for. I think it's hot, and i don't like the look of most Harley's.

I actually like the 2up seat. The single looks like a blob. The only thing i'd change about the 2up is slightly more foam on the rear.

The black oil tank looks way better than the grey colored one. I'm not so sure about the strakes in the tin.

The wheels look great to me too. Very minimalistic. The polished edges set them off. I'd actually want a narrower rear so it'd turn a bit faster. A 200 would be fine.

No way i'd pay anywhere near 20G's for it.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
The rear seat looks like afterbirth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.