Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm heading out on the 27th of June riding Rapid City SD first before going to Denver as I'd like to see Mt. Rushmore and the Black Hills & Crazy Horse monument during the ride anyone what to head out also?

Check it out here: http://coloradovtxrangeriders.com/ri...rideinjuly.htm

Coke Man

·
Registered
512 Posts
Sounds like a great trip, and if I was retired, I would probably jump on it. Until then though... sorry.

·
3,915 Posts
I would love to. But, it's just too much time I'm thinking at least 2 weeks to do it up right. correct?

That's about 2000 miles if you go the straightest route. If the weather is good and you hit the slab all the way you could do one direction in about 3 days. I'm only good for 500 to 600 miles a day. over say a 12 hour period each day, maybe I could do a little more. I'd need a solid day to rest by the pool. I'm not as young as I once was. Then turn around and come home, 3 more days. that's a week just traveling.

What is your plan? hotels? waitresses / bar maids in skimpy atire?

Now I just started dreaming.....

.... maybe I could quit my job... any thoughts on what I could tell my wife?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The trip will be over 4500 miles round trip and around 12 days.

Coke Man

·
3,915 Posts
The trip will be over 4500 miles round trip and around 12 days.

Coke Man
My wife was surprisingly okay with me going. I'm starting a new job on Monday 1-6. We have a delivery date on a major project that lands the first week of July. I'll have to talk it out with my Partner and see how he feels about me going for 2 weeks at that time.

I don't know?

PM sent

·
Registered
251 Posts
Coke man...........ya got me thinking. I had been planning the Colorado Ride, but S.D. sounds too good to pass up. Do you have a route and stops planned? Camping or motels? As I recall you're the crazy dude that went coast to coast in like 50 hours or something like that. That's commendable, but I don't want to pound the pavement that hard.
Give me some more details on this ride and I would be honored to tag along.
If we get Ghost Flame to go also we become a group.

Bob

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bob,

I'm not planning a IBA ride this time, I'll be 2up and pulling a trailer so speeds under 80MPH for sure (ha ha). I'm planning on about 500 miles per day and I'm looking to leave Conowingo on the 27th of June riding for 2-3 nights on the road and then couple nights in Rapid City SD then down to Denver. I'd like to see Mt. Rushmore, Black Hills,Crazy Horse monument and Devel Tower on the way around at least. Still 6 mo.'s out by April should have a complete plan by then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts