Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dontknow:Do we all understand that Honda will NOT manufacture 1800s?????????????
The 1300 will be manufactured . Victory and Suzuki will produce smaller MCs like the M90 1500 cc MCs

Rob:dontknow:

·
Banned
8,514 Posts
I have been told that Honda still has a *****load of 2008 and older VTX's that they haven't sold yet so they aren't gonna make a 2009 VTX1800.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Upgrade Bike

That's ok. I was thinking of an 1800 next July when my Navy pension kicks in. But, now it's a Goldwing or Harley Ultra. Any pro's/Con's for both bikes?

·
Super Moderator
64,215 Posts
The 1800 is gone, IE line dropped just like the Valk. Just because they have some still to sell, doesn't mean they stop making them for over a year.

As for the Wing vs Ultra Classic, both a great touring bikes. If you like the Wings large flat 6 engine then it should suit you unless you happen to be taller. The Ultra has the v-twin, the engine that I wanted when getting a touring bike. The 6 cylinder just doesn;t sound right to me, I still like the twin sound and feel.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
:dontknow:Do we all understand that Honda will NOT manufacture 1800s?????????????
The 1300 will be manufactured . Victory and Suzuki will produce smaller MCs like the M90 1500 cc MCs

1900 and 2000cc motorcycles are still produced by Japanese mfg's

·
Registered
148 Posts
Goldwing Vrs Ultra Harley

There are notifications on the Patriot Guard Riders web site about the "Rumble" of the bikes during the mission which says the PGR is here for the vet & his/her family. Cannot get a rumble out of a Goldwing. I am a proud member of the PGR and will be until they ride with my casket. Somehow a no-noise motorcycle just doesn't "sound" right.

·
Registered
319 Posts
That's ok. I was thinking of an 1800 next July when my Navy pension kicks in. But, now it's a Goldwing or Harley Ultra. Any pro's/Con's for both bikes?

Corky:

Easy choice to me. The Wing is so far superior. You would be wise to avoid the Harley "money game" trap and buy the "luxury" tourer.

If I continue to ride, it will be my next bike.

Joe

·
Registered
4,956 Posts

There will always be those hangers-on who contend that it's too early to know for sure that Honda won't build a 2009 1800 and even if they don't, they may be re-tooling at the new Japanese factory to produce 1800's in 2010, 2011, 2012, or beyond... You get the picture :p

Me? I'm waiting for a new 1800 in the year 2025, if man is still alive and woman can survive, they may find...

·
Registered
161 Posts

If you want the V-Twin Kawi's new tourer is pretty nice lots of extra bells and wistles but will cost almost as much as a HD

·
Super Moderator
64,215 Posts
There are notifications on the Patriot Guard Riders web site about the "Rumble" of the bikes during the mission which says the PGR is here for the vet & his/her family. Cannot get a rumble out of a Goldwing. I am a proud member of the PGR and will be until they ride with my casket. Somehow a no-noise motorcycle just doesn't "sound" right.
PGR takes all bikes for rides. The bike doesn't have to "rumble" to be accepted. When it first started, there was a need to drown out the morons that stood by the funeral to yell and scream their pathetic heads off.
PGR said:
Shield the mourning family and their friends from interruptions created by any protestor or group of protestors
But, there is less and less of that so the need for loud bikes in not an issue. I've been on a few rides and there is all kinds of bikes. Plenty of Wings, BMWs, Kaw's and other quiet bikes

·
Registered
148 Posts
Rumble

Never said it was a requirement for the pipes & rumble. The whole idea of the PGR is RESPECT for the fallen and their family. The rumbling of the pipes sounds good and gives a notice that we are there for them. Of course, the rumbling is the last thing on the families mind.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
There will always be those hangers-on who contend that it's too early to know for sure that Honda won't build a 2009 1800 and even if they don't, they may be re-tooling at the new Japanese factory to produce 1800's in 2010, 2011, 2012, or beyond... You get the picture :p

Me? I'm waiting for a new 1800 in the year 2025, if man is still alive and woman can survive, they may find...
You know, there is a slim chance that may happen. I'm sure Hal and some of the other Hondaphiles on this board will remember that Honda stopped producing the VT1100C in its "Spirit" form in 1991, only to reintroduce 'em a year later in 1992. I'm not saying this will be the case with the 1800s, but to say it absolutely can't happen...

·
Super Moderator
64,215 Posts
Never said it was a requirement for the pipes & rumble. The whole idea of the PGR is RESPECT for the fallen and their family. The rumbling of the pipes sounds good and gives a notice that we are there for them. Of course, the rumbling is the last thing on the families mind.
I didn't mean anything by my post, just saying noise isn't needed and all bikes are welcome to go on a PGR ride 8)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Holding out for the 2010 Edselcycle, with all that bail out money America can finally afford to produce a cutting edge product that we've all been waiting for. Or maybe they'll call it the Fluff....!!! Long live the NEO...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts