Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Works for me, should have my bike finished by then I hope,lol
I have to tear my engine down yet, there is an odd noise coming from my front jug and dont want to grenade my motor. I dont have any money for this project so I can guarantee mine wont be done. :oops:

It was making the noise last year, but I took it to the MMR anyway. Just sat in my garage for the rest of the year after that.:evil:

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
We were looking at vacation schedules at work as well. New scheduling restrictions. Looks like this weekend will work out for me. But I do have a request...you guys have to help me celebrate. Rod and I are getting married June 10th, so this will be a bachelorette run of sorts for me. :D

OMG! you are to old and been married to many times for a Bachelorette party! LMFAO! I will be doing my best for me and my fiance Debbi ( Ghostgirl ) to be making this ride!

·
Registered
424 Posts
OMG! you are to old and been married to many times for a Bachelorette party! LMFAO! I will be doing my best for me and my fiance Debbi ( Ghostgirl ) to be making this ride!

Lol....I said a party of sorts. Not expecting anything other than a weekend with friends I prefer to call family. Never a dull moment with this group, although it would be nice to not be visited by the local law enforcement. Hope you both will be able to make the ride.

For the record....I am still younger than you. I am just leaving my mark behind.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Lol....I said a party of sorts. Not expecting anything other than a weekend with friends I prefer to call family. Never a dull moment with this group, although it would be nice to not be visited by the local law enforcement. Hope you both will be able to make the ride.

For the record....I am still younger than you. I am just leaving my mark behind.
Lmao by a few months! Im hoping to go! I am very excited to be planning a new life! Debbi has found the way to make me feel alive!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Dan,
It is good to see you are doing well and coming back to us. We all said if you get your head right and work some stuff out you'd be just fine!

Miss ya buddy! Too bad you came to the Dells for like 5 minutes last year when we were RIDING and missed you yet again!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
So, are the dates nailed down on this yet?

·
Registered
424 Posts
The dates are Friday May 18th thru Sunday May 20th.

The majority of us stay at the Top Hat Motel 812 River Road Wisconsin Dells
The phone number for reservations is 608-253-5431.

Arrival times on Friday vary by the person and distance of ride. Some come early, some come after work. Most are there by dinner time. Rain or shine.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
The dates are Friday May 18th thru Sunday May 20th.

The majority of us stay at the Top Hat Motel 812 River Road Wisconsin Dells
The phone number for reservations is 608-253-5431.

Arrival times on Friday vary by the person and distance of ride. Some come early, some come after work. Most are there by dinner time. Rain or shine.
Thanks Sheri! Any idea how many you expect to have there? This is different than the MMR rally, yes?

·
Registered
424 Posts
This is a much smaller group than MMR. Attendance varies depending on schedules and the weather. We have had years with as few as five bikes, and other years where we took over the motel and overflowed into two others. This is a getaway from responsibility type of weekend. Definitely an adult event.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
This is a much smaller group than MMR. Attendance varies depending on schedules and the weather. We have had years with as few as five bikes, and other years where we took over the motel and overflowed into two others. This is a getaway from responsibility type of weekend. Definitely an adult event.

Last time I went I didnt do any riding, walked to the bars.nojoke
Not sure if I can make it this year, no cash in the drawer and not sure I can trust my bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jan And I are still shooting the idea around. I have to find out if I'm on call that weekend, but we're going to try even if it's only for Sat/Sun.:p Miss everybody!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dells Ride

This sounds like fun, I just joined VTXOA last week and would like to attend.
I've been through the dells many times, so I will check out the vacation schedules!
Any info on events on the dells ride :yikes:??
Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
424 Posts
Called Mama today and made my reservations. She is filling up quick. She has three rooms undergoing renovations and the car show is also in town that weekend. Better to call ahead and reserve a room than to be stuck without one. I had to call after 3pm to reach her. Just tell her you are with the bike group. She is looking forward to seeing us all again.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Welcome to the madness!

How to explain the Dells ride...
This is a melting pot. A place to put a face to a name on the board. We have riders from Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota that have converged on the Top Hat. No real "events". Friday evening dinner together. Drinking, dancing and attempts at singing at local bars within walking distance of the motel. Saturday morning breakfast and ride (as able). Saturday evening is usually calmer than Friday but more of the same or mingling in front of the motel getting to know one another. Sunday morning is when most head for home.

There is alot more to it but very hard to explain, it must be experienced. This is a great group of people who will stand up for one another even if they just met. I for one am proud to call this eclectic group of lunatics family.

This sounds like fun, I just joined VTXOA last week and would like to attend.
I've been through the dells many times, so I will check out the vacation schedules!
Any info on events on the dells ride :yikes:??
Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
122 Posts
Made my reservation. She said she only has three more single rooms left for that weekend. With my reservation it's down to two. But she has some doubles and a triple bed room.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
KEGER....KEGER....KEGER....KEGER (Animal House Toga thing)

WE NEED A KEG!!!!

Get plowed before we get piss ass drunk!!
Still getting that sublime sense that your trying to tell us something. Oh well, we may never know.:lol:

I dont think I can make it, I'm not sure I can make the MMR either:cry:

21 - 40 of 97 Posts