Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to make plans for the Falls Dell Ride... considering David's post, how about the weekend of May 30-31st? That should be his good weekend...what do ya'all say?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
You mean the SPRING ride right?

This is the weekend AFTER Memorial day this year. This ride has traditionally been on a weekend prior to the holiday to get easier booking and better prices too. BUT, the weather is so unreliable lately you can't win.

I want to come to one this year if we can!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Yeah, it would be the Spring Dells Ride. Seeing the trend of the last 2-3 years, the Ride seems to happen the same weekend of the Car Show. This year it's May16, 17 and 18th. Who is going to be able to make it this year?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I want to voice my support for having it the weekend Hector proposed. I'm tired of having cold, rain and high winds during our Dell rides. It will work out for me time wise too. Not sure where everyone else is on it. But that's my two cents.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I do understand that it would be warmer and the weather more predicable (hopefully) the later in the month. We have done the ride the 3rd weekend in May for several years now. I believe that vacation requests have already been placed based on that. I know that mine has been.

Personally, I would not be able to attend the later weekends due to conflicts with work.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I already requested my vacation days based on our previous Dells dates. And as Shery stated, I can't do the following weekend because that's when I'll have my Chemo Treatment. So, I hope many of us can make it. I know for sure that I would really like to see all of you, and to be able to spend time with good friends as I really need that right now, and I don't get to see you guys often.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Has anybody had any luck getting through the "Top Hat". When I call, it states that it's disconnected.... ???

·
Registered
424 Posts
Had the same issue when booking for the fall ride. Copied this from Hector's post in the fall:

"Hey everyone !!! just spoke to George at the Tophat... To reserve rooms CALL ON THE WEEKEND ONLY.....apparently the other kids don't answer the phone during the week........use the same #...1-608-253-5431.....also..George gave me his personal cell # for our use only...in case we cannot get thru...1-608-432-3108"

I havent tried calling yet. Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I called George's number and left a message for a return call. Will keep you posted. Any suggestions if Tophat is indeed unavailable?

·
Registered
256 Posts
The third weekend works for me as well. It's kind imprinted in my brain since it is always the weekend before Memorial Day.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Got a return call from George at Tophat. He said they closed during the off season as there just wasnt enough business with the cold weather to make it profitable to stay open for the coldest months. They plan to reopen the first weekend in April. I did let him know when we were planning to come up for the spring ride. He is looking forward to seeing us all. He did ask that we call to reserve rooms in April. We will get first choice of rooms.

Cant wait for May to get here.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I'm in! Can't get here soon enough to suit me. Need to get out, do some ridin' and get together with good friends.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just about a month to go...and we get snow. :yikes: Definitely done with this crap. Hoping the weather only gets better and it all melts off in the next few weeks.

Talked to George at Tophat. They are currently renovating and repainting and working hard to get done before we get there. He is aware of the dates and has already set aside a few requested rooms for us. I did confirm that our room rates from the past years will still be good. He did say that the phone at Tophat should be turned back on in the next week or so, he may delay it because of the snow. He is figuring that we will rent out most of the motel anyway....like usual. He did say that parts of Lake Delton still have ice coverage but most are starting to break up and float around. (Have I said how sick I am of winter???). I will call him again next weekend to add any rooms that I may have missed. I will find out if there is an email address that we can use to make reservations until the motel is fully back up and functional. George said Papa is looking forward to seeing us all again.

30 days and counting.....can't wait to see everyone. Lots to celebrate it seems: David is kicking Cancer's assets and....Berto and Lisa are making it official and she has the Rock to prove it!!!!
:pepper1::pepper1::pepper1::pepper1::pepper1:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Yeah, this damn weather just doesn't want to give in.... I am doing good so far, and Congratulations Berto, long over due bro... LOL.... Well, I honestly can't wait to see you all. Come on May 16th....

1 - 20 of 48 Posts