This is the weekend AFTER Memorial day this year. This ride has traditionally been on a weekend prior to the holiday to get easier booking and better prices too. BUT, the weather is so unreliable lately you can't win.
Yeah, it would be the Spring Dells Ride. Seeing the trend of the last 2-3 years, the Ride seems to happen the same weekend of the Car Show. This year it's May16, 17 and 18th. Who is going to be able to make it this year?
I want to voice my support for having it the weekend Hector proposed. I'm tired of having cold, rain and high winds during our Dell rides. It will work out for me time wise too. Not sure where everyone else is on it. But that's my two cents.
I do understand that it would be warmer and the weather more predicable (hopefully) the later in the month. We have done the ride the 3rd weekend in May for several years now. I believe that vacation requests have already been placed based on that. I know that mine has been.
Personally, I would not be able to attend the later weekends due to conflicts with work.
I already requested my vacation days based on our previous Dells dates. And as Shery stated, I can't do the following weekend because that's when I'll have my Chemo Treatment. So, I hope many of us can make it. I know for sure that I would really like to see all of you, and to be able to spend time with good friends as I really need that right now, and I don't get to see you guys often.
Had the same issue when booking for the fall ride. Copied this from Hector's post in the fall:
"Hey everyone !!! just spoke to George at the Tophat... To reserve rooms CALL ON THE WEEKEND ONLY.....apparently the other kids don't answer the phone during the week........use the same #...1-608-253-5431.....also..George gave me his personal cell # for our use only...in case we cannot get thru...1-608-432-3108"
I havent tried calling yet. Let us know what you find out.
Got a return call from George at Tophat. He said they closed during the off season as there just wasnt enough business with the cold weather to make it profitable to stay open for the coldest months. They plan to reopen the first weekend in April. I did let him know when we were planning to come up for the spring ride. He is looking forward to seeing us all. He did ask that we call to reserve rooms in April. We will get first choice of rooms.
Just about a month to go...and we get snow. :yikes: Definitely done with this crap. Hoping the weather only gets better and it all melts off in the next few weeks.
Talked to George at Tophat. They are currently renovating and repainting and working hard to get done before we get there. He is aware of the dates and has already set aside a few requested rooms for us. I did confirm that our room rates from the past years will still be good. He did say that the phone at Tophat should be turned back on in the next week or so, he may delay it because of the snow. He is figuring that we will rent out most of the motel anyway....like usual. He did say that parts of Lake Delton still have ice coverage but most are starting to break up and float around. (Have I said how sick I am of winter???). I will call him again next weekend to add any rooms that I may have missed. I will find out if there is an email address that we can use to make reservations until the motel is fully back up and functional. George said Papa is looking forward to seeing us all again.
30 days and counting.....can't wait to see everyone. Lots to celebrate it seems: David is kicking Cancer's assets and....Berto and Lisa are making it official and she has the Rock to prove it!!!! epper1:epper1:epper1:epper1:epper1:
Yeah, this damn weather just doesn't want to give in.... I am doing good so far, and Congratulations Berto, long over due bro... LOL.... Well, I honestly can't wait to see you all. Come on May 16th....
I have an extra set of the Kury Engine covers (KUR-7707) for Clutch, timing,etc.
If anyone is interested they are brand new in the package and unopend.
I will sell them for $65. I accidentally ordered two sets.
My mistake saves you $16.
Thought I would offer them here first.
Hey everyone, been a long time. My fiancé, and I just bought two brand new bikes, I got a 2013 new Triumph thunderbird storm, and she got a brand new 2014 triumph thunderbird LT. So we are selling our old bikes. I will give you the basics here and my phone number if you want pics or have a...
ATV/Motorcycle lift (NIB) - $65
Kurakyn Tour Bag (NIB) - $50
Motorcycle covers (2) - $10 each
First Gear tank bag - $20
RoadGear magnetic map pocket - $10
I am located in Beaver Dam, WI but can meet within an hour of my location.
I can be contacted @ [email protected] or 920-382-6829